Palmetto State Armory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm sure there are at least a few BS members that have ordered from them. Have any of you had good luck?

I placed an order Monday at 7 am. I received my order confirmation and waited for my shipping notification. It's been three full days and I never received any order status update. So I sent them an email asking what's up and if they had shipped my order. A few minutes later I get my shipping confirmation email and a shipping notice from UPS. The label was just created when they sent the email. :squint:

This is one of the main reasons I enjoy buying locally. I don't have to deal with this kind of shenanigans.

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    They PO'd me by charging my credit card right away. No product in stock, two months later I learned was on backorder. I canceled my order. IMO, not ethical to charge card before product is available.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have dealt with them many times before. I haven't had any real issues with them, they do have slow shipping for the most part. I really think they have out grown their infrastructure to fast.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They PO'd me by charging my credit card right away. No product in stock, two months later I learned was on backorder. I canceled my order. IMO, not ethical to charge card before product is available.

They did the same to me. That's why I was getting annoyed after 3 days.

I have dealt with them many times before. I haven't had any real issues with them, they do have slow shipping for the most part. I really think they have out grown their infrastructure to fast.

It's a little ridiculous to wait 3 days before even shipping the items. They were all in stock and should have been shipped out Monday morning. They have really good prices, but I've heard to many odd stories about shipping. What's even worse is that I had to pay for shipping after spending a significant amount. That's enough to send me elsewhere, but they had some good deals.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've ordered from them in the past, mostly stock kits etc but even a couple guns also, sometimes it shipped within 2-3 days, sometimes it took 2 weeks, I was never in a rush, and I figured for the price I can wait. Primary arms though, usually gets it out really quick and dsgarms also. Brownells can take a while sometimes

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    If you ordered an upper be prepared to wait weeks. You also may want to set up an account with UPS My Choice online which will allow you to sign for packages when not home and provide instructions on where packages are to be left so you don't have to wait even longer if you miss them.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Ive never had any real issues with them as I have 2 PSA builds done already and another in the works in various calibers. Ive found over the last year or so they have become more popular and their shipping times have slowed. I too think they have outgrown their infrastructure but for the price that you can get most things from them, especially during sales, one cant complain. Just order, sit back, relax, and enjoy once it gets there. Everyones in such a rush these days.

GO DAWGS

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been ordering from PSA for several years now and although shipping times can be a bit drastic for 'in stock' items...I have usually saved enough money to offset their slow shipping. I keep going back due to the crazy deals they offer and quality of their parts I've always received. I just placed an order last Friday with them and will be delivering tomorrow, not too bad considering a few years ago would have took 3-4 weeks from the date of order.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    That YouTube vid says it all IMO. Slow shipping, customer service has gotten better. I can't talk bad about them though. I have ordered a few items (including firearms) from them in the past and while it wasn't FAST shipping, it wasn't unacceptable either. Great prices and selection, worth a little extended wait time.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    They messed up 2 of my orders. No real big deal as I was jn no rush and they made it right. I ordered a lower vice block and they sent me an upper. Also ordered a complete dust cover assembly and was missing the C clip for the retaining rod and spring. They made it right just took a while. If there was a killer deal in there again and I was in need I would buy from them again.

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    I've ordered form them a couple of times, but the last time was probably three years ago or more. I hadn't had a problem with them the times I did order from them. Maybe it's like someone said earlier, maybe they've gotten too big too fast. They do advertise some really killer deals.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've ordered a Pa10(Ar10) for $500 from them lol..I caught the complete upper on sale then they had a complete lower on sale..the shipping was a headace because they don't really send to many updates..I didn't know when my lower was arriving UNTILL my FFL called me and told me he had it..the upper shipped and I also didn't know Untill the ups arrived at my house..

I did have problems with the upper and had to send it back,they gave me a ups label really fast but everytime I called to check on it the guy will tell me it's in our "upper department"..finally after a month UPS pulls up Infront my house with my upper without me even getting an email letting me know it shipped..

The end result is that I have a ar10 that shoots pretty much any ammo for $500..

Even though there customer service sucks,I would order from them again.the prices are just to good.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Ordered several builds from them and no issues. The PSA AR10 I bought last Christmas has been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    I placed a order for a lower earlier in the week and like you said after 3-4 days of wait I got contacted by phone to get my FFL to send a copy threw fax. So got off the phone and did so. Called them back to let them know I did as they asked next day I get contacted again that I need to get my FFL to refax it over because my order number wasn't on it. But they faxed it with my first and last name. So by then I was just done with them and got a refund.

MJCHAMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I,be gotten my upper and lower from them. It took about the estimated time they gave for the upper build. The lower got to my FFL in a reasonable time. I would definitely buy for them again. They have some good deals.

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    I've never had or dealt with a PSA branded part that functioned anything close to "well"

I've heard lots of bad about their service , but that's the first bad thing I've heard about their product. I have one of their lowers with a Stag upper and have never had an issue with it. Granted, it's just the lower receiver.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I have had good luck with them. Recently bought a 223 barreled upper for under $200 and it arrived within a week....double boxed with tracking and got the shipping for free :)

It shoots fine as well, once I added my BCG and charging handle.

Top Bottom