Might NEED another 22 suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    So I got a new .22 and plan on a couple more soon. With getting more heavily into .22 shooting, pistol, rifle and SBRed stuff, I'm thinking another .22 suppressor might be a good buy. I have a Specter II and I love it. I also use my Octaine .45 on a .22 just because I can. For aesthetics, I think it will look better on my GSG 522PK. I'm kinda thinking I might just get another Specter, but might be open to other suggestions. The most important factor is mostly sound reduction and long term construction; not length, not weight, not size; only sound reduction. FRP is kinda important too and "I read on the Internet" that could be an issue with the sparrow. Whatcha think?..........

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Have you thought about 5.56/.223 cans, rather than just .22 cans? If you want a dedicated .22lr can, I've heard the same about the sparrow, but I also know a lot of people who have sparrows :exnbp:

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Try the sparrow. Has a little sleeker look and is a little shorter. If you want a fancy one, get the "White Sparrow" version.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Have you thought about 5.56/.223 cans, rather than just .22 cans? If you want a dedicated .22lr can, I've heard the same about the sparrow, but I also know a lot of people who have sparrows :exnbp:

I have a dedicated 5.56 can (Trek) and waiting on ATF to be nice enough to let me have my Omega. I'd like another serviceable can to be able to clean it after shooting .22lr.

Try the sparrow. Has a little sleeker look and is a little shorter. If you want a fancy one, get the "White Sparrow" version.

The White version looks nice. It would be nice to have something different than another black suppressor.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    If you ONLY care about sound reduction get in touch with Taylor (gunslinger). He works at Integral Arms and their .22 Jumbo is indestructible and you wont get a .22 any quieter.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    As far as first round pop goes on the sparrow I had the same apprehension but got it anyway and couldn't be happier. I don't think I ever even noticed FRP in any real hunting situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Id like to see some of Integral Arms products. Just realized the other day they are based in Baton Rouge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Ferrara Firearms in Baton Rouge stocks most IA cans. You can touch and feel there. And I'm sure gunslinger will eventually be by here to answer any questions.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    More than welcome to come test out anything we build, I've done probably 300 Skorpion 22 cans this year and have gotten feedback from quite a few customers they favorited it over their Sparrows. Depending on if you catch me on a weekend I'm usually going to the range anyway to test fire MG builds.

People seem to like stuff that they know cant be destroyed easily.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    We can't give out details yet but Silencerco is coming out with a rimfire can that is supposed to be quieter than the Sparrow with some other cool features. :hsugh:

I think I know the secret. I saw something on a distributors website and its not there any more! I was wondering about that. Time to do some research.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Any clue on when it will be released ?

No idea, they had it listed when I was looking for more cans for stock for the store and I went back to look again last night and poof it was gone....my best guess is that SiCo gave certain parties a heads up and said not to mention anything. Someone probably goofed up at the IT department for the website.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I bought a Warlock II and a Specter II at the same time, wish I'd gotten 2 Specters!
    My Husband and I fight over who gets to play with the Specter now!
    Not that there is anything wrong with the Warlock - you don't even know it's on the gun, it's just that the Specter is a smidge (highly technical term, ya know) quieter.

Top Bottom