Paper American Flag in Schools

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My teenage nephew likes to post random photos on his snapchat account. His photo today, was of the "flag" in his classroom. It was an 8.5x11 printout of the American flag... :ugh:

What's wrong with people these days?!?!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My teenage nephew likes to post random photos on his snapchat account. His photo today, was of the "flag" in his classroom. It was an 8.5x11 printout of the American flag... :ugh:

What's wrong with people these days?!?!

I'll donate them some if its a budget issue. I suspect that it is not...

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    My wife's school won't provide them. It's up to the individual teachers if they want one. My wife already spends over a thousand dollars a year on supplies for herself and her kids.

It'd be a good thing for people to donate flags to individual teachers that want them, but get them a flag pole to go with them. Last thing most teachers need is an added expense.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My wife's school won't provide them. It's up to the individual teachers if they want one. My wife already spends over a thousand dollars a year on supplies for herself and her kids.

It'd be a good thing for people to donate flags to individual teachers that want them, but get them a flag pole to go with them. Last thing most teachers need is an added expense.

I think what is upsetting, is that the photo he sent me was in a public school classroom. I wouldn't expect a private school to have a flag in each classroom, although, I would definitely hope they would have one.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Pledge allegiance to a symbol of oppression, are you kidding me?

I do hope this area stays conservative enough that my daughter will get to stand and say the pledge every morning, without skipping "under God."

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    At my son's school they pray and then say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before school starts. Just another confirmation my money is being spent in the right place.

fleurdelisxliv

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    At my son's school they pray and then say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning before school starts. Just another confirmation my money is being spent in the right place.
    My kid goes to private school and they say the pledge everyday, the way it should be! I dont think any of the other schools here say it anymore and it kills my soul. Its the american flag come on!!! This is not the same country as when i was in school. I remember i couldnt wait to say the pledge in the mornings at school. The sad thing is i asked a kid from another school if they said the pledge everyday and he asked me what the pledge was

HIT EM WIT DAT FLEX

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I didn't know that. I've only been out of school for about 8 years and we still said it back then. I guess I know what's changed. Add another reason for private school.

Top Bottom