Back from the dead - any old members still on here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I was flipping through some old bookmarks, and ran across this site again. It instantly brought up some great memories of debates (and arguments) from the past.

Last time I was around, I remember talking to JimDana1942, LSP, NolaCop, Spanky, and the infamous Nomad.

Are any of you old timers still around? Do any of you keep up with the guys who split?

Drop me a line if so, I'd love to catch up with you guys.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Do any of you keep up with the guys who split?

I hear from some of them every now and then. Most of the "old timers" left this forum a while ago, or just stopped posting altogether. I'd say that BayouShooter has improved somewhat, since then, but I don't think those guys are worried about coming back. Especially when they are all over social media now.

I think Jim might have gotten abducted by aliens :mamoru:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    nolacop has his own gig happening .. spanky is still around, watching.. , I am here.. not that I matter much..lol

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I dont think its necessary, Some things are best left in history.. Let you make and form your own opinion and feelings about it currently..

The forum were a bit more rowdy, and heated at times before it became so large.. We used to have some week long discussions..
    Regarding it being different.. Its a bit more politically correct now, I think from my point anyway..
    Just like anything, things grow and mature.. This version is more self aware, realizing the forum is cached and shows up fast on google searches.. the tone of things is calmer..
    Its no better or worse, just different.. each group of mods bring their own way of policing..

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Since I'm relatively new to the forum and see references to things like . what was going on?, maybe I need a BayouShooter history lesson, LOL

I sent you a PM.

I dont think its necessary, Some things are best left in history.. Let you make and form your own opinion and feelings about it currently..

The forum were a bit more rowdy, and heated at times before it became so large.. We used to have some week long discussions..
    Regarding it being different.. Its a bit more politically correct now, I think from my point anyway..
    Just like anything, things grow and mature.. This version is more self aware, realizing the forum is cached and shows up fast on google searches.. the tone of things is calmer..
    Its no better or worse, just different.. each group of mods bring their own way of policing..

I agree that it's not better or worse, it is absolutely different. I lurked for years before I made my account. I'm glad I don't have to hear about sea mammals and that stupid song anymore :rofl:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Those names bring back memories.... But yea, In the past there was a lot more trolling. And in the forsale ads, guys would crap on other people's ads if they felt the prices were too high. I wouldn't mind being able to ask questions openly in the WTS ads again, as long as we keep it civil.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I sent you a PM.

I agree that it's not better or worse, it is absolutely different. I lurked for years before I made my account. I'm glad I don't have to hear about sea mammals and that stupid song anymore :rofl:

I just keep my opinions to myself. Theres really no point in arguing over the internet. I just sit back with a beer in hand and amuse myself with the heated arguments. Lol This forum is better that tv. Been here since the beginning.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Those names bring back memories.... But yea, In the past there was a lot more trolling. And in the forsale ads, guys would crap on other people's ads if they felt the prices were too high. I wouldn't mind being able to ask questions openly in the WTS ads again, as long as we keep it civil.

There is a vBulletin mod that allows the OP to bump their own thread, but replies to the thread do not bump it. Asking questions in the thread benefits everyone.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly

I liked the old days were you could call out the highballers and fraudsters, but yeah im sure it caused a lot of headaches for the mods. Plus all the question asking and conversation often helped the sale, or prevented a rip off.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I don't post as much these days but still get on and read and make deals when I see something I like.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    image006.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812