Sportsmans tax holiday question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I am considering buying a new atv, and what better time than when it's tax free?
    The questions come in as I am considering purchasing out of state.
    How would this work for me? Anyone done this before?
    I talked to a dealer in Alabama today that can beat local price by around a grand and they said I have to pay Al tax if I pick up from them- 3.5% I think. I would then have to pay the difference between my local tax rate -8% and the 3.5% at the DMV when I brought it home.

ETA: What is the process when buying local? I have never bought a new atv from a dealer. DO I pay the tax at the dealer like buying a car or at the DMV? Would I have to go to the dmv on the tax free Friday to finalize everything, or?
    Anyone ever bought an atv during the 2nd amendment tax holiday that can throw their input in?

http://www.revenue.louisiana.gov/NewsAndPublications/secondamendmentsalestaxholiday

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Go to the dealership and they will sort everything out for you. You may want to print out that page and bring it along with you. If new ATV's are tax free eligible, the dealership will know.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Bought one last year, the dealer set up everything and as long as I took ownership of the bike over the tax free weekend it was a breeze

Top Bottom