How To Protect Guns During Move

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Mill, SC
    I will be moving to North Carolina and I'm looking for some input on the best way to move/protect my firearms. I plan on trying to leave as many as I can in my safe since they might be in storage a few months. I was thinking about using a gun sock and then place it in one of the green?? plastic bag for firearm storage. Normally i would just put them in the truck but due to available space and quantity it won't work this time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated that doesn't involve selling.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Depends on your budget, pelican storm field pack will hold several rifles and is sealed so with some desiccant or coated sock should keep them in good shape.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I will be moving to North Carolina and I'm looking for some input on the best way to move/protect my firearms. I plan on trying to leave as many as I can in my safe since they might be in storage a few months. I was thinking about using a gun sock and then place it in one of the green?? plastic bag for firearm storage. Normally i would just put them in the truck but due to available space and quantity it won't work this time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated that doesn't involve selling.

If you are just driving from here to there then you only need to worry about scratching I would guess. Wrap them in a blanket and problem solved. I don't think a firearm that has been properly cleaned and lubed will rust or anything in that time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Wrap them in blankets or towels and toss them into the safe. If the storage isn't climate controlled then toss Ina few dehumidifier packs and call it a day. Don't spend a crap ton of money on a case you don't need.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Good plan on the gun sock and plastic bags. Add dehumidifier packs and cushioning so that you don't get a lot of movement of the firearms in the safe. Blankets would work but consider them in conjunction with bubble wrap, and extra padding on sharp places like bolt handles and sights. If they are well packed, protected from movement and moisture you shouldn't have any trouble. If you've got soft guncases, consider packing in the soft case and then into the safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom