Suppresor recomendations for 30 caliber...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I really hate piggybacking on someone's thread, so I decided to start a new one. Much like a previous post, I find I am in need of a new suppressor. I have 2 SilencerCOs (a Sparrow and an Osprey45 setup for 9mm). I really like the SiCo's and have heard nothing but good things about their customer service, so I am leaning that way. However, I currently have AAC muzzle devices on a the rifles I am buying the can for specifically a 5.56 AR upper, a 300 Blackout upper, and a 700 SD 308. Since I already have the mounts for an AAC, should I really be looking at the SiCos since I will have to buy 3 new mounts? While I dislike the thought of spending more money buying new mounts, it also is a worry that you don't really here much about AAC since the Remington lawsuit and settlement.

Also, as I will be mounting this on a bolt gun and an AR, does mounting it on the AR really make a difference in which suppressor I should be looking at (since I will never be shooting in full auto)? Any thoughts/comments are greatly appreciated.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    The AAC cans are good too. They have had some issues as of late since they moved down to Alabama but they are still a solid performer. Generally people like the QD cans for an AR so that you lessen the risk of it backing off if you were shooting it pretty rapidly. On a bolt rifle I would prefer a direct thread because it's generally lighter and a little more precise. Could go with the omega which comes with one mount and the direct thread mount so all you would really have to buy is one additional mount for your 556. If you want to go AAC go with the 762 SDN6 assuming you have the 51 tooth mounts.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Yeah the mounts I have are all 51T, I got 1 as a trade and the other came on my 700. So thinking ahead when I built my new upper I got a matching mount. Then I bought my SiCo pistol cans. Like I said they are great and they really made me consider the SiCo options for my rifle can that I want. Also all of my rifles are at 16" barrels (I understand that can make a difference).

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The saker can use the 51t if you have thier maad module made for it.

I'm in the same situation, have about a dozen rifles with 51t's and want another can, don't know if I wanna stay with AAC or go with the saker Bc it can accept the flash hiders. I already have a 762sdn6 and I'm happy with it. Shot 5.56, 300blk, and 308 through it with zero issues. Was thinking of getting a 5.56 can or another 30 cal can just so I don't have to swap as often.

http://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/silencerco-saker-762.html

Last edited:

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Does anyone have any first hand experience with the MAAD mount, seems like have an attachment device that attaches to another attachment device leaves a lot of room for stuff to do wrong. On the other hand, for what they want for it, you could easily buy 2 additional muzzle devices. But I guess it is still a deal for you noob, with 12 mds to change over. I do like that deal on Silencer Shop where you get 2 mounts for the Saker. Really makes me consider it over the other cans I have looked at.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah I have used their MAAD mount with the 51 tooth attachment. It basically works just like their ASR mount. You spin it on and then turn a collar to engage some teeth in the MAAD mount with the teeth on the muzzle device. It works haven't had any problems with it.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    If you buy an Omega, it comes with one mount and when you register it with SiCo, they send you an additional one.

That would leave you purchasing one mount. If you wait till black friday, they generally sell the muzzle devices 2 for 1.

I have a specwar 7.62 and an omega. Both are excellent Cans. The Omega is Just shorter, Lighter and a little bit louder. from most quiet to least quiet Specwar>Omega>Saker . From Heaviest to Lightest Specwar>Saker>Omega.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom