Homo Naledi, New Species in Human Lineage, Is Found in South African Cave

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    <http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/science/south-africa-fossils-new-species-human-ancestor-homo-naledi.html?WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=NYT-E-I-NYT-E-AT-091715_a-L6&nl=el&nlid=12766086&_r=0>

I'm having trouble posting this.

The show is equal to any NOVA show I've seen. We saw it this afternoon. My wife taped it in the last day or so.

If at all possible, try to tape and watch it.

Absolutely fascinating.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I remember a ways back when they thought they found a grand brand new humanoid. They were going off everywhere what a great and break through find this is. Only to find out is was a basic lemur. If anything this should be a case as why politics is a questionable danger to accurate science. Speaking of which my climate change grant should be coming in soon.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    One thing that bugs me is that many species take refuge in caves, caves can be a source of toxic gases, therefore could it be that these shelter seeking beings, died of the toxic effect of a gas and then being mistaken that they buried their dead? Just a speculation but plausible!

There seems to be other science lacking in this find...

Thanks Tom.

Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    The show is equal to any NOVA show I've seen...

I agree with your assessment. The program was curiously inspiring. If indeed this turns out to be a burial site, it is interesting to think about the combination of cognition and emotion that would have led these -beings I guess- to do what they did. I am looking forward to when they nail down the date ranges. I think the mixture of human and apelike traits in the bones is fascinating.

It was also fun to see the excitement on the faces of both the middle age men and the young women who were participating. All in all an excellent program.

Top Bottom