Gotta show it off. Paint on the cobra.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    My favorite color - a friend had one that color with lighter gray stripes. Great car. All that's left after the wreck was the 427 fender emblems and the Carrol Shelby signed glove box door. But it was a great car.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    My favorite color - a friend had one that color with lighter gray stripes. Great car. All that's left after the wreck was the 427 fender emblems and the Carrol Shelby signed glove box door. But it was a great car.

It wasn't this exact color but close maybe. This is a new for 2015 color hehe.

I'll be doing satin black stripes. Maybe. Now I'm thinking of none. I'll decide in December.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Looks great, bud!

Oh, and congratulations on forever noticing dust, water spots, dirt, and anything else that doesn't blend in with dark colors! :exnbp:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Beautiful! What shop is painting it?

You really make me want to build a factory five cobra

Hwy 44 paint and body but I take all blame for imperfections as I did the body work. Looks like he did one heck of a spray job though.

I like the ffr's a lot. This is #2 for me. If you are close and want to check it out now is the time when body is off.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Looks great, bud!

Oh, and congratulations on forever noticing dust, water spots, dirt, and anything else that doesn't blend in with dark colors! :exnbp:

Haha. Yeah but on not a daily driver it isn't so bad. I don't think it's going to be quite that dark in sunlight.

Its nice to see someone knows the difference between a Cobra and a mustang..

That irritates me also.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Where is Galvez? I live in Nola

How do you go about registering it for road use and insurance?

One of the reasons I was looking into superperformance cobra's is b/c it's already built, but it'll set you back 50k, or I can buy a used one on ebay for ~30k but who knows who put it together and how reliable it'll be.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    It wasn't this exact color but close maybe. This is a new for 2015 color hehe.

I'll be doing satin black stripes. Maybe. Now I'm thinking of none. I'll decide in December.

Yeah, his seemed a tad bit lighter. It was a SuperFormance anniversary color, IIRC. The different shade of grey stripes really popped, but I also like the satin black idea. Subtle. Can't wait to see it finished. What power plant?
    PM me your email and I'll send a pic - you can still tell the color.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Where is Galvez? I live in Nola

How do you go about registering it for road use and insurance?

One of the reasons I was looking into superperformance cobra's is b/c it's already built, but it'll set you back 50k, or I can buy a used one on ebay for ~30k but who knows who put it together and how reliable it'll be.

Near prairieville.

To me much of the fun is building it. And a 30k superformance would scare me. The well built ones are more.

Titling isn't bad. Trips to dmv and state police. And patience.

Top Bottom