LSU's steps to being safer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I went back and was reading some of the comments again. I want all of you to remember one thing about civilian training classes that you pay to attend. Y'all do realize an instructor who tells everyone the truth is not going to last long in the industry? The object is to make you feel awesome so you will continue to go to classes. Training for a job is not the same because the instructors have no problem telling you that you are garbage because they get a check either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note the terms I used proficient and safety safety oriented. I'm no pro but if its me or no body I gaurantee you would want me to have your back.
    See thats the thing most of us dont think we are Rambo and we aint itching to whip out our gats and tap tap some fewl who messed with the wrong thug. If I pull my gun in public for any reason other that its jabbing me, its because someone is in danger of being killed.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Y'all do realize an instructor who tells everyone the truth is not going to last long in the industry? The object is to make you feel awesome so you will continue to go to classes. Training for a job is not the same because the instructors have no problem telling you that you are garbage because they get a check either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean instructors can lie to people? Man. I wonder what else these instructors are lying to their "students" about. Resumes.... Past experiences....... Service records....... I'm sure it's easy to fake all that stuff until people really start digging into their records.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You mean instructors can lie to people? Man. I wonder what else these instructors are lying to their "students" about. Resumes.... Past experiences....... Service records....... I'm sure it's easy to fake all that stuff until people really start digging into their records.

I've given this guy props before on here, and I will again. Wade Duty was so brutally honest and open about the realities of the CHP when he taught my class, I thought he was trying to talk me out of it! :mamoru:

I left there thinking; "Damn, do I really want to do this?" :noes:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Note the terms I used proficient and safety safety oriented. I'm no pro but if its me or no body I gaurantee you would want me to have your back.
    See thats the thing most of us dont think we are Rambo and we aint itching to whip out our gats and tap tap some fewl who messed with the wrong thug. If I pull my gun in public for any reason other that its jabbing me, its because someone is in danger of being killed.

You would pull your gun in public because it's uncomfortable? That's irresponsible.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You would pull your gun in public because it's uncomfortable? That's irresponsible.

Not out in the open willy nilly. Public being somewhere that is not in my house. Public restroom public parking lot in my truck. I just aSSumed that people knew I aint smokin rocks my bad.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

I think it is harder for them to get away with it these days though. Perhaps the newest gun owners are still gullible and "at risk" but your average gun enthusiast is plugged in to the internet and forums.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I think it is harder for them to get away with it these days though. Perhaps the newest gun owners are still gullible and "at risk" but your average gun enthusiast is plugged in to the internet and forums.

You would be amazed at what people can get away with. One in particular in Louisiana has been saying he/she was special forces and all kinds of other stuff that was proven false by people "who were there".

Quick question. Is it considered stolen valor if someone claims to be a part of an elite group yet were never part of it? Like if they served, just not to the capacity that they claim.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    You would be amazed at what people can get away with. One in particular in Louisiana has been saying he/she was special forces and all kinds of other stuff that was proven false by people "who were there".

Quick question. Is it considered stolen valor if someone claims to be a part of an elite group yet were never part of it? Like if they served, just not to the capacity that they claim.

It's hard for me to pass judgement as I've never served. The fact that they actually served has to count for something though, right? In the end it is dishonest and shows a flaw in their character, but I'm not so sure I'd call it Stolen Valor. I'd like to hear some vet's opinions on the matter.

Personally, I've played an active role in busting someone for Stolen Valor and due (in part) to my efforts he went to jail, but he was also defrauding the government as well with his actions.

maurice.cowell

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Australia
    I don't understand is it a bad idea that people have permits? Or the possibility of people carrying on campus?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't believe any permit should be required for CC. I have no problem with carry on college campus.

I don't understand is it a bad idea that people have permits? Or the possibility of people carrying on campus?

I'm with Vermiform.

I would extend my radical views to match what our founders stated.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Now you can get the permits but the average guy can't just willy nilly go down to the local tank factory and buy the newest top of the line tank.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And as previously stated a malitia is civilians fighting to defend themselves against foriegn or domestic governments that choose to oppress the citizens of these United States.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I don't see it as having much to do with militias. The word militias was given as one example why the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed. Replace the word "regulated" with EDUCATED and replace "keep and bear arms" with READ. You then get the idea of how the relationship is meant.

A well REGULATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed.

A well EDUCATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to READ, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms ENSURES a well regulated militia.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't see it as having much to do with militias. The word militias was given as one example why the right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed. Replace the word "regulated" with EDUCATED and replace "keep and bear arms" with READ. You then get the idea of how the relationship is meant.

A well REGULATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, shall not be infringed.

A well EDUCATED Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to READ, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms ENSURES a well regulated militia.

Agreed. My only point was we arnt allowed to keep and bare as it replates to colonial times. The malitias had the fire power to go up againts the brits. In the event the modern day a malitia of average or even above average equiped citizens, had to face down a foe equiped the best armerment money could buy (like the british had) it would seem like we were fighting with sticks and arrows. During the war of Northern Agression the north and south had access to the right fire power. If you get board contact Boeing or Bell and see if they could build you or any other averge guy with the cash a few hundred fighter jets or or attack helicopters.

I'm not say I have any interest if I did I'm to broke for it to matter but fact remains those are arms and my right as a private citizen is being infringed.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom