Any Ford Service techs on board???????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Have a question about installing a OEM brake controller to my 2012 F150. If we have any, get with me please!! Thanks in advance!

Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I went to install one on my truck myself.
    I was told the computer needed to be flashed for the stability control, the in dash display, and everything else to work correctly.
    They were going to charge about the same money just to do the computer flash (1 hr min charge), so I decided to let them do it all. The parts department matched the online price I found for the controller.
    BTW, there is a guy on the f150 message board that sells OEM parts for 10% over cost. That's where I had planned on buying the controller.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yep thats why I was looking for a tech who might work out of his house and be able to flash the computer to recognize the controller. They are not all that expensive and these new trucks just don't have the underdash area to mount an aftermarket one...plus why have one of those when you can get a clean look by installing the OEM one? I usually do most of my work but this computer stuff is killing me.

topgunz, yeah I'm a regular on that forum and they all say they need the computer reflashed from what I remember when I was looking into this last year.... Great group like this one if you own a F150. Thanks anyway in case I didn't know already.

Craig where did you go?? If I can't find somebody to do it on the side I'll have to bring it to a dealership I guess....hate doing that though.

dothadewman

MURICA!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I has to pay the dealer an hour labor if i recall to get mine flashed, it was like 80 bucks, like 3 weeks after i bought the truck from them.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    This likely will never be an issue as you are setting this up with a F-150 but conventional electric trailer brakes are the only type that will work with the OEM controllers. Electric over hydraulic brakes require specific controllers.

Craig

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 23, 2007
    Denham Springs
    I usually like to do my own stuff. also.
    I let All Star in Denham do the install.
    It was a couple of years ago, but the price difference between just the flash, and a complete installation was negligible.

The built in controller is nice.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Just got a 2015 -2500HD and the controller is built into the dash. Plugged in my trailer and all is good.

Top Bottom