Save you some trouble - meralgia paresthetica

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    http://www.practicalpainmanagement....meralgia-paresthetica-common-cause-thigh-pain

So my family has a history of back problems, and I assumed it was my back that was causing the burning on my thigh.
    The chiropractor had told me to get rid of the belt........................
    Friend told me about a friend that had a problem with front pocket J-frame inflaming his leg.............
    Finally saw this site.
    It is exactly what I have. Skin burns on thigh. Goes away when I sit down.
    Sooooo...... if any of you guys have thigh pain and heaven forbid might wear double thickness gun belts, pistols and magazines and leathermen, pockets full of EDC stuff, maybe a few pounds overweight, etc (see article)..... you got it.
    I guess I'll be ankle gunning it and trying some overalls and anything else I can think of for a while.:(
    No belt, no gun, no mags, no multi-tool, no stuff in pockets, and lose weight too. Getting old is ..... never mind.
    Von

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    You know, I never thought about it, but thick gun belts and even appendix carry could inflame the old anterior femoral cutaneous nerve. Another quick way to determine if that might be the cause of your thigh pain vs. the lumbar spine is how clearly defined the pain is. If you could take a pen and clearly trace an outline of where the pain is, then it may be meralgia. If it's more vague over the entire thigh it may be from the lumbar spine, or if in the groin only possibly hip arthritis. Fun with subjective pain descriptions...

Top Bottom