Renting Baton Rouge.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I'm new to the area. Currently living by Coursey and Sherwood but I want to move closer to LSU. Can yall recommend a decent area near LSU? I'm just looking for a 1 br apt. 700-800 range.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I would avoid the Alvin Dark Ave area near TigerLand. Brightside Dr. has some decently priced apartments and townhouses and it is a decent place to live.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    I had to go put on a spare for a friend that lived on Brightside this past weekend. Some douche went breaking into cars and stabbing about 10 tires around the complex. This is the stuff I want to avoid. It can be further away from campus.

I was looking at gates of citiplace off of college north of I-12. But they had a couple of reviews about bed bug and what not. That was sometime ago with no recent reviews. I guess that can be a good thing lol.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    My friend used to live there. In fact he's a member of this site. He'll probably chime in at some point.

"Used to" when it was a nicer area probably. I wouldn't let my family move in there if that tells you anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Up the ante a lil bit and live on Corporate. Or find a roommate. Corporate and Jefferson near where the two intersect is a nice neighborhood. Speaking from experience here.

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I too would avoid Tigerland nowadays. It has changed drastically in the last 10 years. The Citiplace mgmt was terrible after Gustav so I'd stay away from there too. Just down Corp there is another complex on the left that was very good about 5 years back. I'm not sure but there are some new good looking complexes off of Burbank near Ben Hur now but I have no idea on pricing.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What about just down from Alvin Dark on Sharlo? They have some townhouses for rent.

Big ole can of nope.

Do not live there. Lots of Tigerland section 8 residents traverse back there.

Plus some crazy man killed his neighbor and buried him in his yard. And then there were a few shootings.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    Yea Im staying out of Tigerland. I went driving around corporate/college/jefferson today. Seems legit. Now to find a place in that area that is within my budget.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea Im staying out of Tigerland. I went driving around corporate/college/jefferson today. Seems legit. Now to find a place in that area that is within my budget.

Don't take anything on the west side of College- that whole neighborhood is generally rough, even the upscale area around the golf course has been getting a significant increase in burglaries (vehicle burglaries in particular) over the last year. The rough stuff from 22nd street/Florida Blvd has been traversing that area recently.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    stay out of sherwood forrest as well, stay away from sherwood and goodwood area.. especially where they meet.. its has gone to HELL the last two years.. it takes an hour to go a block in OFFPEAK times

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've stayed on all three sections of College Dr (College, Lee, and Brightside). If I had to go back to BR, I'd be looking inot something on Coporate.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    stay out of sherwood forrest as well, stay away from sherwood and goodwood area.. especially where they meet.. its has gone to HELL the last two years.. it takes an hour to go a block in OFFPEAK times

I actually like it here..... at least for being in the city.

Top Bottom