Good article on Silencerco Octane

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Good article. I love my octane .45. I bought it mainly for my 9mm but I wanted the versatility with the larger caliber can. I even use it with .22lr.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I did it through Silencer Shop and so it was all taken care of for me. The form 4s were sent in around June 7th and I got approval around Sept. 25th. They got the first stamps in around Oct 7th and the last one came in on Oct 16th. It took longer because it was from out of state so I had to wait for from 3 approval first before the form 4s were submitted so it added a month or so I actually bought them the end of April.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Good article. I love my octane .45. I bought it mainly for my 9mm but I wanted the versatility with the larger caliber can. I even use it with .22lr.

I have 2 octane 45s... one is used for 9mm, the other for .45. the octane 45 w/ 9mm endcap is quite a bit quieter than a tirant 9mm.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I STILL haven't bought a threaded .45 barrel. I NEED to do that soon (as soon as I find SilencerCo barrels on sale). Can't wait to see how it sounds with .45. Being subsonic, I'm sure it's nice.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    I STILL haven't bought a threaded .45 barrel. I NEED to do that soon (as soon as I find SilencerCo barrels on sale). Can't wait to see how it sounds with .45. Being subsonic, I'm sure it's nice.

You may not be impressed with how the .45 sounds if you're used to shooting 147gr 9mm through your octane, but I'd definitely still get a threaded barrel because everything sounds better suppressed.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans

Its cool and all. Just louder than 9mm subs. much deeper tone... just a tad louder.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I got lucky an found a killer deal on a ATI FX45 with a threaded barrel already on it. Picked up a Storm Lake Stainless barrel and need to drop it in my M&P9FS.

soontobetwo

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Gonzales
    Thanks for the reference to silencer shop comparison between octane 45 & 9 can on 9mm host. Looked like a no brainer so I went and bought a octane 45 from Jonathan at interstate Guns today. Picked up a specter 2 also. These are my first 2 cans. Now I wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Thanks for the reference to silencer shop comparison between octane 45 & 9 can on 9mm host. Looked like a no brainer so I went and bought a octane 45 from Jonathan at interstate Guns today. Picked up a specter 2 also. These are my first 2 cans. Now I wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust me, there will be more in your future. Once you shoot a weapon with can, every weapon will need one.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sooooo....... Bayoushooter silencer shoot? I haven't bought a can in a LONG time. But I have a few suppressors.... My brother has a Ti-rant 45 which is quieter than my Osprey 45, and a Ti-rant 9mm which to me sounds the same as my Evo 9mm. He also has an Octane HD 9mm, which is significantly heavier than any of my other cans but he shoots lead and needs to be able to service his can, I don't so most of my cans are sealed.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I need to ask about a bayoushooter shoot at plaqumines range. It would be excellent. They have all the resources out there our hearts could desire for handgun and long gun.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    I need to ask about a bayoushooter shoot at plaqumines range. It would be excellent. They have all the resources out there our hearts could desire for handgun and long gun.

they will do one for us at eymard's in cutoff. Just need to give Monty 2-3 weeks notice. 825 yd range and lots of steel targets.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom