The Country May Suck, But Buying Ammo is Awesome!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Not promoting Lucky Gunner nor Fed Ex in particular, but I ordered this seasons' hunting ammo on Wednesday; and it arrived today!

How awesome that you can sit at your desk eating your lunch, tap a few keys on the computer, and two days later a guy brings you a box and puts it in your hands?

I really don't see a future (or maybe it's necessity), of big box brick and mortar stores for stuff like this. I needed 4 different calibers, and I wanted a specific brand, and specific bullet weights on all, and they had everything (12 boxes), and they were relatively inexpensive! Online inventory is instantaneous.

I didn't have to take time out of my day, didn't have to drive, and most importantly, didn't have to interact with potentially retarded people (the likes of which shop and work at say, Wal-Mart, etc.).

Now sticking to my roots and my beliefs of reciprocating business, I try to give the "true" local guys, Like Hebert and Jim's as much business as I can; but when shopping ammo that must be exact to my standards and consistent to my zeroed rifles, this is just too damn convenient.

Of all the things that are broken in government, this private sector commerce is alive and well!

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    The ammo shelf at Wal-Mart is a pain. No one is ever there to open it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    I try really hard to shop at local shops but lately some of them
    just don't seem to be eager to take my money.
    Won't get into details but just as you said internet shopping is just too convenient.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    If they make me wait at Wal-Mart I tend to keep the lady/guy there for 10-15mins, having many "let me see those" moments, and then leave the 10+ boxes on the counter when I am satisfied I've caused enough distress.
    I will admit, our Wal-Mart has been pretty good lately.

twentynine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ascension parish
    I don't consider walmart a "local store", most of the time I don't even consider the option of going to Walmart. I am very well satisfied with the ammo selection at Hebert Guns. I'm a dyed in the wool believer in Remington Core Lokts, Heberts has a good selection of Core Lokts in my 3 calibers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't consider walmart a "local store", most of the time I don't even consider the option of going to Walmart. I am very well satisfied with the ammo selection at Hebert Guns. I'm a dyed in the wool believer in Remington Core Lokts, Heberts has a good selection of Core Lokts in my 3 calibers.

Very sound reasoning!

Mr. Hebert gives back to the community as well! As does Jim's!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I personally do not consider Jims or Heberts worth shitting on, more than a local store myself.. I would crawl thru the ghetto unarmed before I shopped there with MY money..

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Very sound reasoning!

Mr. Hebert gives back to the community as well! As does Jim's!

I personally do not consider Jims or Heberts worth shitting on, more than a local store myself.. I would crawl thru the ghetto unarmed before I shopped there with MY money..

I have not had many positive experiences with Jim's Firearms. Buying online and at select local retailers is what I have been doing for the past few years.

Any store that treats me with disrespect for buying something they sell, won't get my business any longer.

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    If I wasn't so lazy I would find and copy the thread link that was about 15 pages of unbridled hatred against some of the poor bastards. It was a hoot!
    I read some of that one.

I have never had any of those bad experiences at Jim's or Hebert's. The big boxes have ticked me off from time to time.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Went to Jim's to exchange a Magpul grip a BR friend picked up for me because he got the wrong one. The one I wanted was 50 cents cheaper and they refund the 50 cents by way of a gift card. I live 60 miles from them. Is 50 cents that important to them, do they seriously think a 50 cents gift card will bring me back.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The country does not suck !

Exactly........

Some countries sucks so bad, you can't buy any ammo.

Figuratively speaking of course...........An incompetent and ideologically driven dummy elected twice; 48% of the population is either on or supports extending the entitlement roles; less the 47% of the country pays "net" taxes; economy in the toilet; bureaucracy's targeting individuals with impunity; a Justice Department that exacts no justice on the party in power; Ambassadors and soldiers killed with no consequences; diplomats and cabinet members breaking federal laws without ramifications; sanctuary cities in direct violation of federal law with no consequences (see corrupt Justice Department issue); illegal aliens allowed to get entitlements; billions of tax dollars stolen from citizens and pissed away; etc., etc., etc.

I can go on, but you guys should get it.

Your individual lives in this country may not suck; but I think your country itself (because of the leaders and the federal government), sucks!

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    Ikr, my tiddies are sagging because of all of the people sucking on them.

Top Bottom