Star Wars: The Force Awakens...........full on nerd (caution for possible spoilers)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    My tickets are bought for opening night at the Movie Tavern. I can't wait and now that George Lucas has had very little to do with the making of this one I think it's got a fair chance of being epic.
    While I loved 4,5 &6 I did not like 1-3. Lucas has said many times that he did not have the technology in the 70's to really do what he wanted to do. He added new stuff digitally to 4-6 and it was not cool. With 1-3 he had the technology to do whatever he wanted and it was bad IMO. Yes the end of 3 was kinda cool seeing Anakin make the full transformation but that was the best part.

And now after all these years balance may finally come to force.

I don't buy into the rumors that Luke turns full on evil in this one but I wouldn't mind, in fact I don't think it's bad idea...........after all it is his destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I can't wait to see it but I am kind of upset that they have thrown out the current timeline in favor of the JJ Abrams version. I would love to have seen the books that are currently out made into movies but probably was not made for movie material.

Can't believe Disney threw out the rich storyline that was already there in favor of JJ "Lensflare" Abrams version.:(

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I can't wait to see it but I am kind of upset that they have thrown out the current timeline in favor of the JJ Abrams version. I would love to have seen the books that are currently out made into movies but probably was not made for movie material.

Can't believe Disney threw out the rich storyline that was already there in favor of JJ "Lensflare" Abrams version.:(

Books don't always make good movies.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Bah. Anakin was the chosen one all along. He did bring balance to the force! Before anakin: 10,000 roughly Jedi and 2 sith. After: 2 Jedi and 2 sith. Seems pretty balanced to me.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Bah. Anakin was the chosen one all along. He did bring balance to the force! Before anakin: 10,000 roughly Jedi and 2 sith. After: 2 Jedi and 2 sith. Seems pretty balanced to me.

I agree too much good caused a resulting greater evil to come and destroy the good. But when Darth killed Palpatine and then subsequently died that left only Luke and Leia so then who was the on the Sith side?

Books don't always make good movies but they had a whole storyline for years after the originals and they threw it all away when Lucas sold out to Disney. Just bad mojo but still curious to see where they go.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    I was a huge fan back when I was a young'n, but didn't really follow the franchise much after that period. And I didn't care for the prequels, particularly Phantom. My wife, however, is the most diehard Star Wars fan I ever met. We'll be seeing the new one opening day, after I take her out to a nice dinner, of course. :)

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I agree too much good caused a resulting greater evil to come and destroy the good. But when Darth killed Palpatine and then subsequently died that left only Luke and Leia so then who was the on the Sith side?

Books don't always make good movies but they had a whole storyline for years after the originals and they threw it all away when Lucas sold out to Disney. Just bad mojo but still curious to see where they go.

I never read them, but supposedly the true book that follow ROTJ details that. Palpatine supposedly didn't die but rather showed the sith ability to live on via claiming another's body (the Jedi do via their soul living on as seen in the movies). I'm hoping the new 3 detail this.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    All I know is that when watching the latest trailer I got goosebumps when they played the original Star Wars theme music. Wasn't really all that amped to see it until I saw/listened to the last trailer.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I can't wait to see it but I am kind of upset that they have thrown out the current timeline in favor of the JJ Abrams version. I would love to have seen the books that are currently out made into movies but probably was not made for movie material. .:(

Way too late for that. There were novels written after the first movie in 1977, and they were contradicted by Episode 5 and the "I'm am your father" bit. The movies have never followed the novels...

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Way too late for that. There were novels written after the first movie in 1977, and they were contradicted by Episode 5 and the "I'm am your father" bit. The movies have never followed the novels...

The hardest part is determining what is the true novels and what is fanfic. Most of the material out there is fan written and has no ties to the original.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I was under the impression that to publish a book under the Star Wars license that you had to follow a continuity and it had to be approved by Lucas's holdings.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    My apologies.
    I came in here for a full on internet battle of words cause the thread title reads out as

Star Wars: The Force Awakens...........fu... on the main page.

I see we just have a slight webpage malfunction.
    I can go about my business.
    Moving along... moving along.

Edit - Canon according to wiki is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I was under the impression that to publish a book under the Star Wars license that you had to follow a continuity and it had to be approved by Lucas's holdings.

This is correct. As a matter of fact, Lucas himself would often give the writers several bullet points that their stories had to hit. Timothy Zahn told us this much. Michael Stackpole also alluded to it.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    This is correct. As a matter of fact, Lucas himself would often give the writers several bullet points that their stories had to hit. Timothy Zahn told us this much. Michael Stackpole also alluded to it.

Book Spoiler!!!!

Oh and it was Lucas who decided Chewie dies in Vector Prime.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom