Don't text and drive!!! Get off your phone!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Long story short, earlier today I had someone run into the back of me while I was at a red light. They were traveling roughly 40-45mph and totalled their car. Their air bags deployed but mine didn't.

The driver told me and the officer that she was reaching for a tissue...

If texting is that important, pull over!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I saw a girl FaceTime a guy and she was driving while holding the phone facing her and I could see his face while she was talking to him. And I constantly get my friends "snap chats" showing them going 80-130 mph while on snap chat. You shouldn't be going that fast on a public road, and if you are your full attention should be on the road

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Glad you both are okay OP. Same happened to me in baton rouge one time. We got rear ended and the young female driver claimed she looked down to find her brake pedal......she definitely had a death grip on that phone of hers....

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Glad you both are okay OP. Same happened to me in baton rouge one time. We got rear ended and the young female driver claimed she looked down to find her brake pedal......she definitely had a death grip on that phone of hers....

Thanks brother!

The irony of it all, was that three days earlier my mother was stopped on a two lane highway waiting to turn left. A 19 year old girl wasn't paying attention and tried to swerve at the last minute. She clipped the corner of my mom's truck and jumped a culvert, and ended up in a ditch. She crawled out of her destroyed car with the phone in her hand, and my mom asked her what she was doing. She said she didn't know...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks brother!

The irony of it all, was that three days earlier my mother was stopped on a two lane highway waiting to turn left. A 19 year old girl wasn't paying attention and tried to swerve at the last minute. She clipped the corner of my mom's truck and jumped a culvert, and ended up in a ditch. She crawled out of her destroyed car with the phone in her hand, and my mom asked her what she was doing. She said she didn't know...

That's nuts, people need to understand that 3k plus pound cars can be FATAL if not properly controlled.... I had a girl rear end my Escalade (Kinda hard not to notice such a big vehicle), While I was stopped at a red light. She was turned around, feeding her baby in the BACK SEAT!!!! I know b/c about 3 miles prior I was behind her and she was swerving between my lane and the shoulder, and saw her holding the baby bottle while the baby fed. I passed her up and a few miles later guess she "caught up" with me.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Sorry to hear.

Had this happen to me on Highland Road one morning on the way to work. I was at a dead stop in rush hour traffic and a guy in a Ford Ranger going about 50-55 barreled into a lady in a Lexus SUV behind me without even applying his breaks pushing the SUV into the back of my truck and my truck into the trailer in front of me. Caused some serious damage to my truck but it could have been much worse if the SUV wasn't there to soften the impact. Luckily there was no damage to the trailer in front of me. The lady in the SUV was on her way to a cancer treatment and thankfully she was ok. Those Lexus SUVs are built tough.

The guy didn't say a word the whole time we were dealing with the aftermath but his wife showed up and told us that he was on the phone texting her at the time of the accident.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Be prepared for the muscles in your neck and back to start tightening up and spasming. I didn't think it would happened to me after the wreck I posted about here a little while ago, but it did. I've been seeing a chiropractor who has made a huge difference.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Be prepared for the muscles in your neck and back to start tightening up and spasming. I didn't think it would happened to me after the wreck I posted about here a little while ago, but it did. I've been seeing a chiropractor who has made a huge difference.

My neck started to tense up, and my forearms/upper arms have started to feel sore. I was wearing my belt on top of my holster (appendix carry), rather than tucking it behind and I haven't noticed any bruising yet. It doesn't hurt at all, and I've been carrying all day today without any noticeable pain.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    Guys, I'm just glad that everyone posting seems to have come out of this (physically) okay.Car/truck be damned, your life and that of others is the most important thing by far. That being said, people driving in what I call "phone world" is quite the pet peeve of mine as well.:mad:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Called everyone that needed to be called, today. I was the first to call her insurance company and they called her. She admitted to everything and now my car is in the shop. I shouldn't have to pay a dime out of my pocket, but they estimated I'll be in a rental car for 3-4 weeks... Awesome...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Called everyone that needed to be called, today. I was the first to call her insurance company and they called her. She admitted to everything and now my car is in the shop. I shouldn't have to pay a dime out of my pocket, but they estimated I'll be in a rental car for 3-4 weeks... Awesome...

Enjoy the rental, Bc I drive a big luxury suv they have to rent me something comparable. So usually I get either a big sedan or a suv like a Tahoe. So make sure they don't make you run around for the next month in a Hyundai

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    That sucks man. I've had a "run in" with a driving texter as well. A 17 year old girl blew a stop sign and t-boned my while she was texting. She thought it was all fun and games until the State Trooper saw that it was her 3rd wreck since she got her license and told her she would probably lose her license until she's 21....... I ended up getting the run around from her insurance company and the shop did a **** poor job fixing my truck. I hope you have better luck than I did.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That sucks man. I've had a "run in" with a driving texter as well. A 17 year old girl blew a stop sign and t-boned my while she was texting. She thought it was all fun and games until the State Trooper saw that it was her 3rd wreck since she got her license and told her she would probably lose her license until she's 21....... I ended up getting the run around from her insurance company and the shop did a **** poor job fixing my truck. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I hope they fix everything right. My vehicle is a 2016 model, so they already said they are going to have trouble getting the parts.

Enterprise wanted to give me a Volkswagen Beetle and I told them they are out of their minds.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I saw a white hearse yesterday with a placard on the side. It said:

Go Ahead!
    Drink/Text and Drive!
    Honestly, We Could Use the Business!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I saw a white hearse yesterday with a placard on the side. It said:

Go Ahead!
    Drink/Text and Drive!
    Honestly, We Could Use the Business!

So far, three of my friends and family have also been involved in a wreck this past week. All three were rear-ended at a complete stop... Wacky coincidence. Two fessed up to texting while driving, the other guy was driving a stolen vehicle and tried to run, but he ended up getting caught regardless.

Top Bottom