Got a new bike today.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I'm on their FB group... that looks fun as hell and I'm keeping an eye out for a suitable bike

I know one of the guys that organized the track event and he is a first rate person. They sure do look like they fun. If I run across something suitable I will let you know. What CC limit you looking at?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I took the written portion of the endorsement test yesterday. My buddy is letting me borrow his bike to complete the driving portion tomorrow. Ill have to take a class when I can schedule some time off from work. I really like the idea of it; both the educational portion and the insurance discounts.

Why not use your own bike?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

My insurance company wont give me a policy until i have an endorsement, the state wont allow you to take a drivimg test without insurance. Catch 22...its ********. But my buddy will meet me tomorrow at the OMV with his bike.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My insurance company wont give me a policy until i have an endorsement, the state wont allow you to take a drivimg test without insurance. Catch 22...its ********. But my buddy will meet me tomorrow at the OMV with his bike.

State Farm did for me. I'm pretty sure I had 30 days to get the endorsement.

The funny thing is I got a failed inspection sticker for no endorsement to go take my test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    State Farm did for me. I'm pretty sure I had 30 days to get the endorsement.

The funny thing is I got a failed inspection sticker for no endorsement to go take my test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well i didnt give them a shot but geico said nope. I wanted to stick with geico to get a multiple policy discount too.

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    Geico doesn't give a multi policy discount for motorcycle policies unless you are insuring more than one bike. They did give me insurance without an endorsement, but they were looking for proof of having it shortly after. That was years ago though, and I pay next to nothing for motorcycle insurance through geico.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)

When shopping insurance a long time ago, the best deal was from progressive, and they asked for my DL# and would not insure me without an endorsement. I had just moved from Texas where I had never bothered to get an endorsement (I suppose that is why the insurance companies are strict on that here.) I had to borrow a bike from an acquaintance, get a red failed inspect sticker on it for no endorsement, and ride it up to the DMV to test. 10 years later an acquaintance of mine is in the same predicament, and I feel it would be good karma to help him out. BIG MISTAKE! Nothing shows how much a friendship is worth like a dropped bike!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    When shopping insurance a long time ago, the best deal was from progressive, and they asked for my DL# and would not insure me without an endorsement. I had just moved from Texas where I had never bothered to get an endorsement (I suppose that is why the insurance companies are strict on that here.) I had to borrow a bike from an acquaintance, get a red failed inspect sticker on it for no endorsement, and ride it up to the DMV to test. 10 years later an acquaintance of mine is in the same predicament, and I feel it would be good karma to help him out. BIG MISTAKE! Nothing shows how much a friendship is worth like a dropped bike!

I know its probably the principal behind it, but how badly was it damaged?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    I know its probably the principal behind it, but how badly was it damaged?

Well, was told it was just a foot peg. Got a couple stories of how it happened, none quite coincide with the damage. Ended up lots of bent and scratched parts (mirrors, levers, bars, signal switches), a scratched up clutch side cover, a cam cover oil leak, trouble shifting up from 3rd. I'm not an ass, these things happen. All it takes to make me happy is honesty. But the bike had some very obvious damage beyond a foot peg. They claimed not to notice, even though it still had mud and grass stuck to it when they bike was returned. Also I didn't like the different stories. All in all, I am out more money fixing it up then the one who did the damage, and I think they felt I am an ass for being to picky. They bought me a clutch cover, a peg, and a signal switch which is what I agreed would make it square. The rest I would take care of myself. They asked me for the old parts back after I put the new ones on so they could sell them as damaged and recoup some of their money. I hadn't planned on selling them, I was just going to keep them in the garage as spares If I broke something worse later. I gave them the parts, but I feel if anyone should be recouping money out of this, It's me. It cost me money to loan them my bike, that is messed up. Anyway, I don't talk to them anymore.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Well got a new bike today also... just needs a few things lol.. its a DRZ400K that ill be uilding back as a dirt only bike Ill call it frankenstein... now I need a tripple tree some forks and engine and a few other parts lol... who has some sitting around? Who knows it may be an awesome bike!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Added some LED pods, a DG V2 slip on pipe, and Gpt a new helmet.

IbBmbXP.jpg

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Be careful out there. We went on a long ride on Saturday and when the sport bikes broke off and went separate ways, that night, 3 guys went down. 2 uninjured (minus bumps and bruises) and one guy broke his collarbone. Beware wet spots in the road.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Hey Sportsbud. I have a whole bike you may be interested in. A 2002 Suzuki DRZ400S with about 1600 miles. Excellent condition and never in the dirt. Probably more than you would want to spend at $2500. May officially list it for sale when the weather warms. A stock photo.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Be careful out there. We went on a long ride on Saturday and when the sport bikes broke off and went separate ways, that night, 3 guys went down. 2 uninjured (minus bumps and bruises) and one guy broke his collarbone. Beware wet spots in the road.

2nd that. Especially now with the cane trucks out, the wet debris and mud off those things can be like riding on shortening, and it stays wet long after the road is dry.

Top Bottom