Anyone own an Apple Watch?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Looking for opinions from anyone that owns one and might be looking to pick one up to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyderSim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2015
    Brusly, LA
    It is fun for the first month, then the newness wears off. I still find it useful due to the fact that I drive all day and it's an easy way to glance at emails and text that come through. Other than notifications and the activity tracker, I can't really think of anything else I use it for. Just those 2 things make it nice and convenient, but not really worth the $$$. My wife uses the "ping your phone" function multiple times a day, but that's just because she leaves her phone laying around and forgets where she left it.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    One of the guys I know has one and ~*~ LOVES ~*~ it. I mean he always raves about it. IDGAF about it though, I personally think is stupid BUT THAT'S JUST ME DON'T MAKE YOUR DECISION ON MY LOWLY OPINION.

<3

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    I like mine. They aren’t something you probably want to take out in the field hunting. There are functions that are great if you actually use them. If you buy one get a good protective case to put around it. Don’t ever just wear it out the box. The band it comes with is actually one of the best bands I have used on mine, coupled with a glass protective case to protect the watch face. They also make some pretty rugged bands that encase the whole thing.
    It might not be worth the investment if you don’t take advantage of all the features. You could spend half as much and get a very good outdoor watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    I like mine. They aren’t something you probably want to take out in the field hunting. There are functions that are great if you actually use them. If you buy one get a good protective case to put around it. Don’t ever just wear it out the box. The band it comes with is actually one of the best bands I have used on mine, coupled with a glass protective case to protect the watch face. They also make some pretty rugged bands that encase the whole thing.
    It might not be worth the investment if you don’t take advantage of all the features. You could spend half as much and get a very good outdoor watch.

c9336b120eb42d1615493a3eeda191c6.jpg

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I wear mine almost everyday.

I like it for a couple reasons.

1) Its awesome when you are driving and using the map feature, instead of having to watch a GPS or your phone, your wrist vibrates when you need to do something

2) its nice at work, I can leave my phone inside on the desk, and still take calls on my watch. No, it isn’t the cell version it uses wifi. I have the series 3 watch, doesn’t offer a cell option.

3) the activity tracker, I link it to my healthy account at work, we actually get paid up to $300 a year for this.

4) I sleep with it on, it tracks my sleep, it also is my alarm clock.

5) It watches your heart, I had it wake me up 1 night when it detected a spike or something in my heartbeats. A potential heart attack I read.

Very many features, it’s incorporated into my lifestyle now.

This is not even to mention getting texts on you watch, so you don’t have to constantly have you phone, or constantly look at it like so many people do.

you can also ping you phone if you misplace your phone.

For my, it’s worth the price of admission.

YMMV

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wear mine almost everyday.

I like it for a couple reasons.

1) Its awesome when you are driving and using the map feature, instead of having to watch a GPS or your phone, your wrist vibrates when you need to do something

2) its nice at work, I can leave my phone inside on the desk, and still take calls on my watch. No, it isn’t the cell version it uses wifi. I have the series 3 watch, doesn’t offer a cell option.

3) the activity tracker, I link it to my healthy account at work, we actually get paid up to $300 a year for this.

4) I sleep with it on, it tracks my sleep, it also is my alarm clock.

5) It watches your heart, I had it wake me up 1 night when it detected a spike or something in my heartbeats. A potential heart attack I read.

Very many features, it’s incorporated into my lifestyle now.

This is not even to mention getting texts on you watch, so you don’t have to constantly have you phone, or constantly look at it like so many people do.

you can also ping you phone if you misplace your phone.

For my, it’s worth the price of admission.

YMMV

#2 is the reason I like it. I have the series 3 as well. Got it refurb when the series 4 was out. But the series 3 has a cellular option. I opted for it because my desk is may car and I can't count on wifi everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom