Tent Camping

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    We ended up going to Kisatchie, staying a night, then leaving in the morning when it was STORMING. All in all, fun trip! I saw some scorpions...didn't know we had those here!

I always pack a trash bag and my rain gear. It's a little heavy, but worth it when you need it.

We never saw much wildlife other than small things, no deer or turkeys, but we did have a wild horse visit us at night. Our buddy saw it while he was in his hammock.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I always pack a trash bag and my rain gear. It's a little heavy, but worth it when you need it.

We never saw much wildlife other than small things, no deer or turkeys, but we did have a wild horse visit us at night. Our buddy saw it while he was in his hammock.

I had multiple trash bags and a frog-togg rain suit :] My friends on the other hand did not.

Some large(ish) animal was near our tent at night. I couldn't figure out what it was. I figured a wild dog or something.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I had multiple trash bags and a frog-togg rain suit :] My friends on the other hand did not.

Some large(ish) animal was near our tent at night. I couldn't figure out what it was. I figured a wild dog or something.

It could have been a horse.

My friend and I packed stayed in my two man tent, while the others stayed in single tents, and our one friend was in a hammock. He noticed the horse when he heard the noise. We both woke up when we heard it splashing through the leaves around the tent. I thought it was a hog, until he told us about it the next morning. We saw plenty of horse **** all over that section of trail.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Clear Springs in Meadville/Bude Mississippi.
    This area looks like a mini Tennessee, there are 20+ miles of trails for hiking or mountain biking.
    The primitive camping area has a couple spots where you can get off the main road for some privacy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Clear Springs in Meadville/Bude Mississippi.
    This area looks like a mini Tennessee, there are 20+ miles of trails for hiking or mountain biking.
    The primitive camping area has a couple spots where you can get off the main road for some privacy.

That sounds like my alley! I want to go somewhere where we can bring our bikes and explore.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I thought I remembered you were a bike guy. Several years ago we camped there every other weekend.
    The bike riding needs to be timed around the deer hunters this time of year, not too early in the morning or late in afternoon.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I thought I remembered you were a bike guy. Several years ago we camped there every other weekend.
    The bike riding needs to be timed around the deer hunters this time of year, not too early in the morning or late in afternoon.

I just texted one of my buddies and we might give that area a go sometime early next year. And yeah, I am a big fan of not getting shot by a hunter.

LSUfan71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Watson, LA
    Lake Lurleen State Park, about 10 miles north of Tuscaloosa, AL. We go tent camping there whenever LSU is playing at Bama. Beautiful campground and it's around 40-45 degrees at night for the first weekend or so in November. I think it's about 4.5 hours, probly a little far but keep it in mind when you get up that way. Lately though it's near impossible to get a spot on football weekends. This time of year should be perfect.

Top Bottom