Benchmade knives?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm really starting to like Benchmade knives and plan to pick up a few more. I'm pretty new to the brand and haven't really tested them out yet. When it comes to quality and customer service should I have any concerns?

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    I haven't had any quality issues. I dropped mine in the woods a couple years ago. I wasn't 100% sure, but I thought I dropped it when I was packing up my stand. During the next hunting season (10 months later) I went back, laid my gun down to set my climber up and there it was. The bottom was green and the assisted open was sticky with grit and a little rust. Picked it up and washed it off in a mud hole and it opened easier, blade wouldn't shave, but wasn't completely dull. Took it home, sprayed with carb cleaner and oiled it. Removed very small specs of rust with oil and steal wool. Hasn't missed a lick since then. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I have the Barrage, like the top one in your picture but not a black blade.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I haven't had any quality issues. I dropped mine in the woods a couple years ago. I wasn't 100% sure, but I thought I dropped it when I was packing up my stand. During the next hunting season (10 months later) I went back, laid my gun down to set my climber up and there it was. The bottom was green and the assisted open was sticky with grit and a little rust. Picked it up and washed it off in a mud hole and it opened easier, blade wouldn't shave, but wasn't completely dull. Took it home, sprayed with carb cleaner and oiled it. Removed very small specs of rust with oil and steal wool. Hasn't missed a lick since then. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. I have the Barrage, like the top one in your picture but not a black blade.

Send it to benchmade and they will send it back looking like new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Thanks sounds like the Benchmades are pretty good for the money.

I also plan to pick up a few striders over 2016.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

:ugh: That's not the best idea, but hey, it's not my knife either.

Benchmade customer service is top notch, and so is their quality. The only downside to Benchmade knives is the forced MAP.

Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    I have several Benchmade knives and my favorite by far is the mini nitrous stryker. I've carried it everyday for the last three years!
    43bd16e1a165afc0d847a821d7eef83f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I carried Benchmade Automatics for many years but I have been out of the workforce quite a while and now own a few inexpensive Kershaw knives.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Love benchmade. I have a mini grip I've had for years. Best knife I've ever owned. Today after church I complemented the preacher on his knife he had in his pocket. He took it out, handed it to me, and said Merry Christmas.
    Kouo8vY.jpg

It's a little beat but I'm not complaining.

NORSEWOLF

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I have several Benchmades.
    If you go to Cabelas you can get the Griptillans in D2 Steel.
    Some of the other models as well. Its a Cabelas only thing however
    I have seen them on line with D2 Steel.
    I have Benchmades in S30v,154cm,D2 and N680.
    My Skinner for deer is a Snody fixed blade in D2 and a necker fixed Snody Aviator in S30v. I carry the Larger Griptillian daily. The Axis lock is easier to close with one hand and I like the safety of that lock but most of the autos have that feature.
    No problems with any other than the screws getting loose. That torx size is had to find.

Norsewolf

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have several Benchmades.
    If you go to Cabelas you can get the Griptillans in D2 Steel.
    Some of the other models as well. Its a Cabelas only thing however
    I have seen them on line with D2 Steel.
    I have Benchmades in S30v,154cm,D2 and N680.
    My Skinner for deer is a Snody fixed blade in D2 and a necker fixed Snody Aviator in S30v. I carry the Larger Griptillian daily. The Axis lock is easier to close with one hand and I like the safety of that lock but most of the autos have that feature.
    No problems with any other than the screws getting loose. That torx size is had to find.

Norsewolf

Yeah I need to switch the clip to the other side but I did not have a tool to fit it. I need to look around, I think I have a torx set around here somewhere.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    i just picked up a 485 valet and its real nice, great smaller light weight carry knife.

Made the mistake of handling a BM761 and now i want either it or the 765 when it comes out. Very nice knife. Very well executed

Also very interested in the spyderco mantras, firefly, and nirvana. Its gonna be a good knife year i think.

imsHhmV.jpg
    [/IMG]

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    i just picked up a 485 valet and its real nice, great smaller light weight carry knife.

Made the mistake of handling a BM761 and now i want either it or the 765 when it comes out. Very nice knife. Very well executed

Also very interested in the spyderco mantras, firefly, and nirvana. Its gonna be a good knife year i think.

imsHhmV.jpg
    [/IMG]

Did you get it local or order it?

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    local. Slidell army surplus

They are pricey, but they turned me on to nicer knives so i buy from them sometimes and will do so more often. My fist nice knife was a spyderco military and the only thing wrong was i paid more there than i could have online. Other than that the knife was everything the owner told me when he was telling me about it. An honest local vendor is worth spending extra on. Id hate to see a good business go.

I paid $194 otd

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    local. Slidell army surplus

They are pricey, but they turned me on to nicer knives so i buy from them sometimes and will do so more often. My fist nice knife was a spyderco military and the only thing wrong was i paid more there than i could have online. Other than that the knife was everything the owner told me when he was telling me about it. An honest local vendor is worth spending extra on. Id hate to see a good business go.

I paid $194 otd

I pay extra for instock items all the time. If I'm ever out that way I will check them out.

ewebb10

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    Do it. By far the sweetest knife I own.

29xtfls.jpg

imsHhmV.jpg
    [/IMG]

jvr

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    new orleans
    I have several. picked a few up used. sent them back to benchmade for lifesharp. came back shaving sharp. no charge but shipping one way. they make nice gifts; you can have benchmade put wording on the blades. gave some to the scout masters when my son made eagle. (my son received one too). there are better value knives out there. but you cannot go wrong with one.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I carry 2 automatics, a Pardue 5270 and a Impel 3150 is my folding money clip. Benchmades are as good as it gets for production folding knives and better than most customs. Spyderco makes overpriced knives in Taiwan and don't compare in quality to Benchmade.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I carry 2 automatics, a Pardue 5270 and a Impel 3150 is my folding money clip. Benchmades are as good as it gets for production folding knives and better than most customs. Spyderco makes overpriced knives in Taiwan and don't compare in quality to Benchmade.

Are you a LEO?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom