Best rifle scope??????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cephus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    What is the "best" scope for deer hunting?
    Regardless of price.

All around best, low light, clarity, durability, reliability etc., etc.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    Prolly like asking what's the best car for driving in... So many good ones hard to choose and everyone has their own preferences but that 3-27 sounds pretty sweet but there's gotta be something more expensive than that right?

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    If money were not a factor I would have the Swarovski Optik 69958 5-30x50.

wetZKc1.jpg

Cephus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Prolly like asking what's the best car for driving in... So many good ones hard to choose and everyone has their own preferences but that 3-27 sounds pretty sweet but there's gotta be something more expensive than that right?

I know everyone has their own favorite, and there are a lot of good ones.

That was kinda the purpose of the question, to see the different answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I've owned nightforce and kahles. I ended up selling the k16i and will likely buy another nightforce. The kahles had the better glass, say, 10/10 vs. 7/10, but the nightforce just suited me better overall.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    My Swarovski 3-18 is great but heavy. If you plan to walk a long ways consider lower power/less weight. Ballistic turret makes my long pipeline shots doable and very clear at dusk with an illuminated reticle. NOT for walking like an elk hunt...

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    My Swarovski 3-18 is great but heavy. If you plan to walk a long ways consider lower power/less weight. Ballistic turret makes my long pipeline shots doable and very clear at dusk with an illuminated reticle. NOT for walking like an elk hunt...

I use a 2.5lbs 3-15x50 Premier Heritage on my Elk rifle. Hiking a few miles at 8000' in the Colorado and New Mexico rockies isn't an issue. Trust me, I'm far from the picture of fitness but an extra pound of scope is going to make less of a difference compared to the type of sling you choose or how much practice you have shooting from it. Also, when shooting over 400yds I prefer higher magnifications.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I use a 2.5lbs 3-15x50 Premier Heritage on my Elk rifle. Hiking a few miles at 8000' in the Colorado and New Mexico rockies isn't an issue. Trust me, I'm far from the picture of fitness but an extra pound of scope is going to make less of a difference compared to the type of sling you choose or how much practice you have shooting from it. Also, when shooting over 400yds I prefer higher magnifications.

At 62 less is more. I almost never shoot deer at over 200 yards and I find myself grabbing the lighter guns first. When I received the scope And mounted it it was noticeably heavier than what I had been using. I didn't think it would matter but I was surprised. If you have long shots you want the 18+ power. Ideal is to know where you are going to hunt that day and pick the gun for the situation - that is what I do.
    At 50 years old we hunted forest at 9000' and had no long shot opportunities. Mostly within 50 yards and quick! We left the truck at daylight and walked ALL day tracking elk - got back after dark. I, as a flat lander, was not ready for that. A few miles - I agree. If you are physically able I agree with forget the weight. Just my observations.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom