Freakin' headlights!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    So – what the hell is up all the Bubba-Bobs who think it is cool to lift their truck’s suspension up and then install bazillion watt ultra-white-bluish headlights and fog lights and 18” x 4” Super bright LED array lights where their front license plate would normally go…….blinding the living feck out of every driver they come up behind??!!!:mad:

To me this is the ultimate d-bag driver – essentially his thought process is, “I can see great and I don’t give a feck about anyone else.”

Is there anything the LEO’s can do about this or do they just chalk it up right up there with smoked out brake lights, smoked out license plate covers, limo tint, etc, ect.??

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I concur, it's annoying as feck.

So – what the hell is up all the Bubba-Bobs who think it is cool to lift their truck’s suspension up and then install bazillion watt ultra-white-bluish headlights and fog lights and 18* x 4* Super bright LED array lights where their front license plate would normally go…….blinding the living feck out of every driver they come up behind??!!!:mad:

To me this is the ultimate d-bag driver – essentially his thought process is, *I can see great and I don’t give a feck about anyone else.*

Is there anything the LEO’s can do about this or do they just chalk it up right up there with smoked out brake lights, smoked out license plate covers, limo tint, etc, ect.??

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I can't stand when someone puts hid's in a car that wasn't designed for them. Talking about freaking glare! Whether it's a car or a truck, stop it! The reflectors in your headlights aren't made to direct the hid bulb. Most factory hid's will come with a projector designed to aim the beam (usually a very flat line) and a few cars have reflector housings made for it also with lens in front that prevents glare (99-2001 Acura tl's have this)

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I have stock HID in my F150 and keep on low beam and constantly get people flashing their high beams at me. I agree on the LED light bars. I had a guy in an F350 with one in his grill light me up the other night. Almost ran me off the road.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    To blind people all you have to do is level you're truck and then the lights are no longer angled slightly down. Most people don't know this and don't adjust the lights after getting leveled or lifted.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    To blind people all you have to do is level you're truck and then the lights are no longer angled slightly down. Most people don't know this and don't adjust the lights after getting leveled or lifted.

Same thing happens when towing. The Tundra I drive has an autoleveler on the headlights to prevent this.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    and it's getting worse -- Once one Bubba Bob sees another Bubba Bob do this to their truck they have to follow suit...... I firmly believe douchbaggery breeds douchbaggery....

I'm glad to see the "truck nuts" fad is ramping down......

Are there any LEO's here on the site that can chime in on this matter.....???

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So – what the hell is up all the Bubba-Bobs who think it is cool to lift their truck’s suspension up and then install bazillion watt ultra-white-bluish headlights and fog lights and 18* x 4* Super bright LED array lights where their front license plate would normally go…….blinding the living feck out of every driver they come up behind??!!!:mad:

To me this is the ultimate d-bag driver – essentially his thought process is, *I can see great and I don’t give a feck about anyone else.*

lot of variables in your post. if lights are even a tinge of a blue-ish hue, thats a guaranteed citation. Hard to say "oops" or justify an illegal mod. LED light bars can be illegal for road use. Most states require them to be covered when on public highway, not just turned off. They have height restrictions (LRS title 32), 54" is the max, but I'm not personally aware of any restriction on the power or locations otherwise.

Obstructed tail lamps and limo tint etc is all illegal- but if you're getting cited for tint I'm going to say you probably got pulled over for something else - your windows were just bonus points.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've been pulled over for tint on more than one occasion and each time it was only for tint. I wasn't speeding or making any illegal turns etc

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I put LED pods on my bike.....i did angle them down as much as I could. But forget about not being seen on a motorsickle. I want the opposite.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    lot of variables in your post. if lights are even a tinge of a blue-ish hue, thats a guaranteed citation. Depends. Many vehicles with HID lighting from the factory have a bluish tint to them with the OEM 6500kv HID's. The way that the law reads is that modifications that take away from the look of factory are illegal. Hard to say "oops" or justify an illegal mod. LED light bars can be illegal for road use. Unless DOT Certified. The Rigid LED pods that i use as fog lights are DOT Approved and aimed according to law. Most states require them to be covered when on public highway, not just turned off. While inspection station regulations in Louisiana maintain that the light bars must be covered, there is no LRS Code stating that as fact when driving on the road. They have height restrictions (LRS title 32), 54" is the max, but I'm not personally aware of any restriction on the power or locations otherwise. In order to be run on the road any auxiliary lighting must be DOT Certified and must be under the headlight height. There can only be two auxiliary lights on at any time while on the roadway total lights to be 4 (2 headlights 2 aux lights)

Obstructed tail lampsthey can be tinted as long as still visible at a certain distance. Unsure of the distance and too lazy to look it up. and limo tint etc is all illegal- but if you're getting cited for tint I'm going to say you probably got pulled over for something else - your windows were just bonus points.

See above

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    DOT certified/approved/compliant is a farce -- :

There's no such thing as "DOT approved". DOT does not "approve" products as the European regulatory body does. Rather, the manufacturer of an item of motor vehicle equipment is legally obligated to self-certify that his product complies with all applicable regulations. For some items of equipment, such as headlamp bulbs, the certification takes the form of a "DOT" marking on the bulb base. However, there is no legal obligation for the manufacturer to submit his product for government testing before applying the marking, and many companies go ahead and apply the marking even to bulbs that do not comply with the law. The relevant regulations (US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108, Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards 108 and 108.1, and ECE Regulations 8, 20, 37, 98, 99, 112 and 113 all call for "white" light, defined as discussed above, so the statement of DOT compliance itself is false for a bulb that emits a light color obviously different from "white".

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    All that showin off and he farthest most of them go off road (or even could go considering the weight of the thing) is when he backs off the driveway into the flower bed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm still at the point of wishing everyone would actually use their headlights when they're supposed to, myself. :dunno:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    All that showin off and he farthest most of them go off road (or even could go considering the weight of the thing) is when he backs off the driveway into the flower bed.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: So true!!!

It's funny that they think this is an off-road vehicle:

0810-8l-01-%2B2008-ford-f250-fx4%2Bright-side-view.jpg

But think this is stupid and ugly:

249392774390708f30a4678cdb556869.jpg

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    The one's pissing me off these days are the young punks who adjust the diesel truck to dump black exhaust. This just chaps my hide when they are in front of you and you get to eat the exhaust.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom