Question about sling mounts for a 10/22 UPDATED

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I want to put a sling on my wood stock Ruger 10/22. My favorite types are the web or leather military slings, 1 1/4 wide, like these photos (which I have on hand, along with several other type 1 1/4 military slings):

View attachment 60556 View attachment 60557

I looked at the Uncle Mikes set for the 10/22 but they only make it in 1 inch widths, and I understand that to use the swivel button with my current band would require some modification to the band to make it fit tightly. An alternative might be a replacement band, but my question is whether the slot on the side of the band is wide enough to insert the metal tip of the web sling or the thick leather of the leather sling. The slot for the sling looks pretty narrow. I think that if I went this route that I'd dremil off the rail sections - too tacticool for me.

View attachment 60558 View attachment 60559

Or should I just use screw-in swivel mounts to the buttstock and forearm (behind the barrel band) teamed with my own 1 1/4 swivels?

View attachment 60560

Does anyone have one of these barrel bands with the slot on the side, that they've tried with a military sling, and will the sling fit and slide freely? Has anyone had any problems in just screwing swivel bases into the forearm and buttstock?

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I was scanning some of my old threads and realized that I had never updated with the final product. I mounted a screw-in mount on the butt of the 10-22 and had intended to do the same on the forearm but first tried the front band-mount that came in the kit, liked what I saw and this is the result. Easy, except that the removable sling swivels were so narrow that I couldn't fit a 1903-type leather sling, had to mount a military web sling until I can change them out.

IMG_3385.jpg IMG_3386.jpg IMG_3373.jpg IMG_3387.jpg IMG_3375.jpg

Last edited:

nugsy714

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    US
    I put those screw in ones on my wife's Wood stock 10/22 seem to be just what the doctor ordered

Top Bottom