Open carry in a restaurant.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    I own a restaurant in New Orleans and tonight I had an interesting situation. We had a late and very large table (about half the restaurant) with a reservation. They all came in and sat down. We got them menus and they ordered a lot of wine. There was one man who was in the middle of the long table with his back against the wall. At the end of the meal he got up to use the rest room. Now that his jacket was off and standing the server noticed he was open carrying. I have no problem with open or ccw but the entire group had been drinking before they arrived and he drank while at the restaurant. This made me very uncomfortable and honestly annoyed that someone was that moronic. I was wondering what do y'all think was the best way to handle the situation. We have a policy that we welcome people carrying but we will not serve them alcohol but that didn't help much tonight.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    You have every right to stop serving a person alcohol.
    I manage a restaurant and I see CCW and OC all the time. If someone looks like they had too much to drink, I don't care how high your tolerance is, I cut them off. Pay the bill & leave, don't tip? I don't care.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    You have every right to stop serving a person alcohol.
    I manage a restaurant and I see CCW and OC all the time. If someone looks like they had too much to drink, I don't care how high your tolerance is, I cut them off. Pay the bill & leave, don't tip? I don't care.

If they are conceal carrying how do you see them? If they have a CHP and run .05 or higher it would in violation of the CHP

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    First of all, don't fall into the realm of being too scared to offend someone.
    From your post it sounds like you were clearly made uncomfortable, there is no reason past that discomfort to allow them to continue to be in your place of business. Ask them to leave or inform the table there will be no more alcohol served.

Charlie, stupid question. I've seen people who flash their firearm when moving around, squatting usually, or profiling that weapon on their clothing. Use your head instead of trying to make some form of "got ya" point. Your second part requires a deputy make contact, that wasn't the case here... your stating a legal issue same as I could say "well if he decides to shoot some random person, he is in violation of his CHP". Add to the discussion at hand, don't make your own.

Top Bottom