i want to build pdw ar15 shortbarrel but i know local sherrf office wont sign off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I want to build a 10.5in barreled ar15 with a stock and i know my local sherrf wont sign off,i know theres a trust one can set up but last time i was qouted 250 for the trust plus 200 for the stamp which is kind of pricy..is there any other way around this?
    Jefferson gun outlet as some nice short barrel ar15s and im sure if i buy one from them theyll help with the paper work but to be honest,i think i can build a top of the line ar15 for the price theyre charging for theres..dont get me wrong they're a great shop and they always have a great selection with fair prices but one of there sbr ar15s was $1500,didnt bother getting the name/make of rifle because i was looking at it from a distance but the stock looked like one of those stocks you get from psa or one that comes with a cheap ar15..

How can i do this?im not sure if the trust are cheaper to set up nowdays but a year ago i was qouted 250..

- - - Updated - - -

I live in gretna,Jefferson parish

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Your trust may cost most than 250. Just do it and buy a stripped lower and SBR it now and slowly build it when can afford to.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm going the trust route so I can add my wife to it. I've been putting it off but after this past weekend my mind is made up to get the ball rolling right after the holidays!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just go the trust route. Unlike those stupid $200 toilet paper stamps, you don't need to create a trust for every NFA item you buy.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    +1 what they said. It's a buy once cry once type of deal. There are cheap boilerplate trusts that you can buy and fill out yourself but they are not worth it in the long run. Are they legal? Maybe. Hard to tell. The ATF has been having lots of problems with these and is kicking a lot of them back. What's worse is that these half-assed trusts are holding up the line for the rest of us:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...lks-nfa-trusts-national-firearms-law-seminar/

Best bet is having a real lawyer set one up for you. JCCypress has done many trusts for members here and AFAIK everyone is really happy with the service. Like Dave said you set it up once and that can be used for as many items as you want. Once you get into the NFA game the tendency is to keep going. Soon you'll want a silencer to go with that SBR... then you'll like that so much you'll want one for your pistols too...

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Ill pass on the staiblizers,i hate those things..
    I guess ill just cry now amd do the trust..
    Question,the lawyers who do the trusts,would they be able to help me fill out the atf form?i want to make sure its filled out correctly before i send it out..man ive been going back and forth for the past year about doing this amd i should of been done it because i would of had my sbr right about now...what im going to do is go out and buy a very good quilty lower amd them find someone to do the trust for me..all my lowers are anderson lowers and although cheap,they get the job done because theyre all plinkers and i don't put them in any type of torture tests but still since this sbr lower will more than likely be with me forever, i dont want to cheap out on it...

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ill pass on the staiblizers,i hate those things..
    I guess ill just cry now amd do the trust..
    Question,the lawyers who do the trusts,would they be able to help me fill out the atf form?i want to make sure its filled out correctly before i send it out..man ive been going back and forth for the past year about doing this amd i should of been done it because i would of had my sbr right about now...what im going to do is go out and buy a very good quilty lower amd them find someone to do the trust for me..all my lowers are anderson lowers and although cheap,they get the job done because theyre all plinkers and i don't put them in any type of torture tests but still since this sbr lower will more than likely be with me forever, i dont want to cheap out on it...

I assist my clients with Form 1s on a regular basis.

I understand if you want to spend a little more on the lower receiver for a cool roll-mark, but I have done multiple builds on Aero Precision lower receivers and have had no issues.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Do you have a LA CHP? If so, the LSP will sign off on a form 4. I'm not sure about a form 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

lw55566

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 27, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    They will NOT sign a form 1. They will only sign form 4's for:

A shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length
    A weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length
    A rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length
    A weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length
    A muffler or silencer for any firearm whether or not such firearm is included within this definition

It would be a good thing if whom ever applied the political pressure to get them to sigh forms would include signatures for form 1s and Form 4's for machine guns.

I still think we need a shall sign law for NFA paperwork in this state. The state police can change their mind anytime and 41P may one day become a reality.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I assist my clients with Form 1s on a regular basis.

I understand if you want to spend a little more on the lower receiver for a cool roll-mark, but I have done multiple builds on Aero Precision lower receivers and have had no issues.

Ive been reading some of your threads JC and hopefully soon if you dont mind me giving u a call or stoping by to meet you and work on getting the trust setup and buy some parts from u

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Just a question and i know this might sound stupid, but when someone buys silencers and shortbarreld rifles,after doing all the required paper work they get registered in the ATF database,correct?..does this give the atf the right to come to my house whenever they want to inspect all my other non nfa guns and rifles?

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    Just a question and i know this might sound stupid, but when someone buys silencers and shortbarreld rifles,after doing all the required paper work they get registered in the ATF database,correct?..does this give the atf the right to come to my house whenever they want to inspect all my other non nfa guns and rifles?

I would HIGHLY recommend you read one of Jcypress's blogs on NFA misconceptions.

short answer- No, the ATF does not have the opportunity to come into your place of residence without a warrant or probable cause. NFA items do not constitute probable cause by themselves.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA

No. You do not waive your 4th Amendment right against illegal search and seizure simply because you own an NFA regulated weapon.

Top Bottom