And I used to like doing tourist stuff in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Mayor Mitch Landrieu and the NOLA City Council are following the example of the Taliban, who dynamited the Buddas of Bamiyan in 2001, by declaring statues representing and honoring the memories of the estimated 300,000 Confederate deaths as nuisances. Regardless of whether they were fighting for state’s rights or the right of a few rich southerners to keep slaves, the Confederate soldier was fighting for his country, as were the 360,000 Union souls who died for what they believed. Taken as a percentage of today’s population, the total American deaths would have been as high as 6 million to 7.2 million Americans. A sad day for historical preservation, and a giant leap forward for racial intolerance.

I guess the next step for Mayor Landrieu is to kick out the WWII museum because the US interred 120,000 Japanese-Americans (62% were American citizens) during WWII, and we dropped atomic bombs on Japan.

"December 17, 2015 - New Orleans, LA - Today, the Council adopted Ordinance Calendar No. 31,082, introduced by Councilmembers Williams, Brossett, Gray and Ramsey at the request of Mayor Landrieu's administration, during a Special Meeting held in the Council Chamber. The ordinance declares the monuments erected and maintained to honor Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee, the Battle of Liberty Place, and PGT Beauregard as nuisances, calls for the removal of these monuments from outdoor display, and specifically revokes the dedication of the Jefferson Davis and General Robert E. Lee monuments."
    http://nolacitycouncil.com/content/display.asp?id=54&nid={B7F33429-C098-4428-97C8-512AA0820357}

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I probably won't be alive to see it, but it is going to be a hoot to see what happens when these phony douches run out of petty appeasements for the blacks and the "holier and more diverse than thou" crowd. They will turn on them!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As long as we pay tax dollars to our government there will no end to appeasements .

Theoretically, that is correct. But that begs the question; When taxpayers either run out of extortion money or; revolt and refuse to pay, what happens? Answer: Government seizures and forfeitures of private property. The mechanism is already in place with "Imminent Domain." These "Free ****" advocates/appeasers, will argue that a compelling public interest to continue to fund this lunacy is not only necessary to sustain the governing body itself, but to avoid massive civil unrest.

It appears there are only three classes of people that are adversely affected by "Free ****" economics.

1. Those that are infuriated by it, and sheepishly continue to pay against their better judgment and will;
    2. Those that are infuriated by it, and then break laws to avoid personal taxation;
    3. Those that are wealthy enough (or making money from lucrative government monopolies), where it doesn't matter.

No one, that is self made, self supported, and/or supports a family, is for this continued and completely unsustainable abuse of American taxpayers.

There was a time in this country where a theft ring involving companies like Solyndra and A123 Systems; and the other green energy scams would have cost the perpetrators their lives. Today, that $2 billion scam is laughed off as if it is not even worthy of remembrance in this country's sad saga under the dumbass.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I personally think there are more important issues than whether a chiseled rock stands or falls. Does either side give thought, of how many tax dollars it takes to argue over statues of dead peop6, regardless of what they represent.
    There are politicians currently robbing citizens of conditional grant rights, while we pay taxes to pay their salaries.
    Those statues aren't the biggest fish to fry.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I personally think there are more important issues than whether a chiseled rock stands or falls. Does either side give thought, of how many tax dollars it takes to argue over statues of dead peop6, regardless of what they represent.
    There are politicians currently robbing citizens of conditional grant rights, while we pay taxes to pay their salaries.
    Those statues aren't the biggest fish to fry.

Exactly why it is a despicable thing to do. It is purely political pandering and that phony knows it. It is an appeasement play on the heels on the nationwide frenzy to marginalize traditional America in an effort to pretend that everyone is so understanding and tolerant of other cultures, ethnicities, and races. They have already concluded that only Lee, Beauregard, and Davis are the ones that offend, but Jackson doesn't? And that is only because the view of Jackson Square and the St. Louis Cathedral is on every post card, picture, tourist image, and any other recognizable symbol for New Orleans ever produced.

I actually wouldn't care if it wasn't for this blatant hypocrisy. I really hope that the courts rule in favor of Landrieu but only if he is made to completely remove the Andrew Jackson statue and is forced to re-name Jackson Square. It would be the perfect example of what happens when phony douchism <(New word alert!), gets what's coming to it.

This moron and his ilk, is chasing a murder rate and an epidemic of crime in New Orleans that hasn't been seen in a long time, deplorable streets (post Katrina), dying tax base and revenues, and a host of other important pressing and critical issues, and this is his focus?

If this crap wasn't so ridiculous it would be extremely pathetic.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Mayor Mitch Landrieu and the NOLA City Council are following the example of the Taliban, who dynamited the Buddas of Bamiyan in 2001, by declaring statues representing and honoring the memories of the estimated 300,000 Confederate deaths as nuisances. Regardless of whether they were fighting for state’s rights or the right of a few rich southerners to keep slaves, the Confederate soldier was fighting for his country, as were the 360,000 Union souls who died for what they believed. Taken as a percentage of today’s population, the total American deaths would have been as high as 6 million to 7.2 million Americans. A sad day for historical preservation, and a giant leap forward for racial intolerance.

I guess the next step for Mayor Landrieu is to kick out the WWII museum because the US interred 120,000 Japanese-Americans (62% were American citizens) during WWII, and we dropped atomic bombs on Japan.

"December 17, 2015 - New Orleans, LA - Today, the Council adopted Ordinance Calendar No. 31,082, introduced by Councilmembers Williams, Brossett, Gray and Ramsey at the request of Mayor Landrieu's administration, during a Special Meeting held in the Council Chamber. The ordinance declares the monuments erected and maintained to honor Jefferson Davis, General Robert E. Lee, the Battle of Liberty Place, and PGT Beauregard as nuisances, calls for the removal of these monuments from outdoor display, and specifically revokes the dedication of the Jefferson Davis and General Robert E. Lee monuments."
    http://nolacitycouncil.com/content/display.asp?id=54&nid={B7F33429-C098-4428-97C8-512AA0820357}
    He would if there were a large voting block that he could appeal to with that action.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    90% of what politicians do is designed to secure votes and guarantee their jobs . They don't really care about their constituents , just their loyalty .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    90% of what politicians do is designed to secure votes and guarantee their jobs . They don't really care about their constituents , just their loyalty .

Long gone are the days when Mr. Jones (the local barber), agreed to take his turn and do his civic duty and run for mayor to see if he could make a contribution to the betterment of the community.

When nothing bothers them other than not getting re-elected, you know you have a corrupt system.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Update, the statues are starting to come down - Landrieu had to wait until after the Jazz Fest tourists left town.

My wife and I were at the WWII museum last week, and walked over to Lee Circle to say goodbye to Robert E. She was really upset, and she is a 2nd generation Polish immigrant born in CT, so had absolutely no connection with the Civil War. My ancestors fought on both sides and I found this action disturbing.

After they take him down, the city of Chocolate Love will have to rename Lee Circle. How about Mayor Ray Nagin Circle (currently serving 10 yrs for bribery), Congressman William Jefferson Circle (currently serving 13 yrs for bribery), Mayor Mitch Landrieu Circle (famous for removing statues like the Taliban - had to make room for his own statue don't you see), Chocolate Circle... Any other suggestions?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Update, the statues are starting to come down - Landrieu had to wait until after the Jazz Fest tourists left town.

My wife and I were at the WWII museum last week, and walked over to Lee Circle to say goodbye to Robert E. She was really upset, and she is a 2nd generation Polish immigrant born in CT, so had absolutely no connection with the Civil War. My ancestors fought on both sides and I found this action disturbing.

After they take him down, the city of Chocolate Love will have to rename Lee Circle. How about Mayor Ray Nagin Circle (currently serving 10 yrs for bribery), Congressman William Jefferson Circle (currently serving 13 yrs for bribery), Mayor Mitch Landrieu Circle (famous for removing statues like the Taliban - had to make room for his own statue don't you see), Chocolate Circle... Any other suggestions?

mayor mitch "the bitch" got some chocolate love in his own bloodline. The statues were and are not about race, they are/were about history. I sincerely hope his backside gets kicked to the freakin curb in the next election! Either that, or somebody comes up with some charges that will stick so that his sorry excuse of a backside guarentees that he can join the former poor excuse of NOLA mayor in the slam! The pos has no backbone and no morals! I cant stand that poor excuse of a human being and I dont even reside in that area! :mad: Yeah, I dont like that no good pos!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom