I took the leap to Keurig !

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I briefly considered one but got turned off because of the price . After all , I already had a coffee pot and just couldn't justify spending the money . Then my wife called me and said there was one at her store and she could get it on a close out for $58 . It's a $150 machine . Oh what the hell ...:cool:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's kinda how I got mine. My wife bought me one of the Keurig VUE machines two Christmases ago. They had some kind of sale for 60% off last minute type deal. I use it a good amount, but I usually drink iced coffee in the morning and hot coffee when I get to work. So it's kind of useless once I'm in the office, but it gets used A LOT when we have parties. My aunt and uncle had one, but got rid of it because they drink 2 cups each every morning and it was getting pricey. I'm the only one in the house that drinks hot coffee, so it's perfect for when I want just one cup.

BTW, the donut shop coffee tastes like dirt.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a vue version also (which basically the new k2.0 cups are) and use it daily. The bed bath and beyond almost always has expired cups so I buy mine every 3 months directly from keurig. They usually send me a 20% off coupon about then, so it's enough to last me to the next sale. The vue brews a little better than the standard k cup Bc it fits more volume.

I like the Columbian coffee, folgiers black silk, Hawaiian blend etc

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and a lot of times it's just one cup . My wife drinks hot tea so she's going to give that whirl .

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Community Coffee brand cups come out to about fifty cents apiece . I can live with that .

Get the giant box from Sam's. I think there is like, 75 in there. Not sure how much that costs; I don't shop! I have a wife! ;)

However, based on how many bills I pay; I think everything she buys costs a lot! But that is mere speculation and subtraction! :mamoru:

I do know that 2 cups a day makes it go quickly!

Last edited:

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yeah, I have one too. Same type thing, got it for a good price. Can't beat it for convenience ... I still make 'good' coffee in a French press on Sunday mornings.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've got a couple of the fill-it-yourself baskets, makes Community for just a few cents/cup!

This is what I use. It let's you use K-Cups in a VUE machine or your own coffee grounds.

517em8LdY2L._SY300_.jpg

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I drink 1 mug of coffee in the morning when I am working days and occasionally a random cup when its cold outside. I looked at the keurig and was turned off by its price, its coffee price and the fact that it keeps hot water in it for extended periods if I don't use it.
    Wife got me this: http://www.wayfair.com/Black-and-De...292-BPA49-BND2941&device=c&ptid=1104000083149
    a couple years ago and I love it, even bought another one for work because I prefer a different coffee than my coworkers.

Top Bottom