Dick's Sporting Goods - No Firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I stumbled upon many topics of Dick's Sporting Goods not allowing firearms on the premises. I've been to the Dick's in Slidell, Metairie, & Baton Rouge, and I have never seen a sign. Is this some sort of state by state thing, or are we expected just to know about it? :confused:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I never notice these things. :o

I've been to several of their stores, but I don't think I've ever bought anything.

I always look as I'm walking in. If it's not visible as I'm walking in, then I'm assuming it doesn't exist. Even then, concealed means concealed. No one knows if they don't see it.

They have good deals on backpacking gear every now and then, and the large store in BR has a 25% off deal with 5.56 ammo right now.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    They made an announcement they were pulling all ARs off the shelf.....boycotted the store ever since

I boycott them not for pulling AR's off the shelf, I feel that's their business, but for refusing to honor and refunding sales made before they decided to pull them off the shelf. Say, a few months before that all happened, I bought an AR form them, then a day or two later decided it was evil and wanted to get it refunded. How would they have felt about that? Once a business takes my money, I want a hell of a better excuse to why I don't get my product than we just don't like them anymore.

Top Bottom