Disposal of Powder-Actuated-Tool Shots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    It's a long story but I may unwantingly gain posession of a few thousand .22cal and .27cal PAT shots. The funny thing is that this is for my comany. Neither my company or myself have a use for them. The company does not want to sell them or give them away out of possible liability concerns.

Other than firing each one off individually, is there a safe, legal way to dispose of the things?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    They will probably always be considered " Hazardous Material " even if inert . I won't tell you what I would try but it involves a 55 gal drum and fire .

CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Give them to "habitat for humanity" for resale and get a hold harmless from them with a waiver of liability. Forms are available on line and should be adequate; by donation as building supplies/equipment you avoid exposure from sale of unknown qualities of the item.
    My opinion.

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Give them to "habitat for humanity" for resale and get a hold harmless from them with a waiver of liability. Forms are available on line and should be adequate; by donation as building supplies/equipment you avoid exposure from sale of unknown qualities of the item.
    My opinion.

That is a damn good idea! Thank you!

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    And don't forget to get a receipt. Donations to Habitat for Humanity are tax deductible. Being as the item will be in as new condition you can deduct the retail price.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I would bet that most starter pistols for dog training couldn't handle the load. The ones I've seen were cheap pot metal.

There was a video floating around youtube about using these to launch a pellet in the case of a shortage of .22 ammo... not that would ever happen.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I would bet that most starter pistols for dog training couldn't handle the load. The ones I've seen were cheap pot metal.

There was a video floating around youtube about using these to launch a pellet in the case of a shortage of .22 ammo... not that would ever happen.

True enough, However one rips the lead skirting ( outer edge ) of the pellet off, Not that I would know?

Not starter pistols LaCamper, Used to launce a dummy across and into a pond, Simulating a dead duck falling after a shot.

I use the green tips myself.

Top Bottom