This kind of **** proves the anti's are stupid.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/43/

10. Louisiana
    Louisiana comes in at number 10, with 15.1 guns for every 1,000 residents. That's 69,668 registered firearms among 4,625,470 people.

Here, a salesman at Precision Firearms & Indoor Range in Baton Rouge stands next to a rack of semi-automatic rifles.

When did we start registering guns? :mamoru:

Also, the beginning of the article says that it doesn't include pistols in their statistics... :rolleyes:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    That is the number of registered weapons in Louisiana. That number is all the NFA items registered in Louisiana. That includes Sound Suppressors. The article states in the fine print that the NFA list is the only registration list in every state. So they tried to make the correlation that the state with the most NFA items was the most armed state as well.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That is the number of registered weapons in Louisiana. That number is all the NFA items registered in Louisiana. That includes Sound Suppressors. The article states in the fine print that the NFA list is the only registration list in every state. So they tried to make the correlation that the state with the most NFA items was the most armed state as well.

I don't think so...

Not all states allow NFA items, so if the list is comprised entirely of NFA items, it's wrong.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I don't think so...

Not all states allow NFA items, so if the list is comprised entirely of NFA items, it's wrong.

This is the data that Bloomberg released a week or so ago. It's from the NFA registry, but remember that police (local, state, federal) items are listed even if non-transferable. That accounts for the quantities listed in non-NFA states. And the total lack of creditability of the report, typical liberal fact bending.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I read a commentary on the article somewhere. They dug into it and found that the idiots writing the article only included NFA items, which would make the 69K number make sense. OTOH, I read this on Falsebook so...

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    D.C. is #2 so I have my doubts about this list

Remember, it's all in how you show the statistics. Count up all the NFA items owned by the National Police, Secret Service, FBI, etc that are currently held in DC and divide by the population.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is it strange that I'm curious what kind of NFA goodies the LSP has? IIRC, there's an original Thompson at HQ. I wonder if that one got factored in as well :rofl:

Just as an example:
    In 2011, Louisiana had 277,000 hunters. Multiply that number by how many guns you think each hunter has, and you still only have a fraction of the total.

Whether this quote was actually said or not, it certainly appears to hold true (somewhat):
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Last edited:

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Here's the link to the original report:

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst//most-registered-guns-per-capita-states

And the description on how they derived the data:

Overview

Bloomberg ranked the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia by the number of registered firearms per 1,000 residents.

Methodology

Firearms are defined by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as a destructive device, machine gun, silencer, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun and any other weapon capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged. Population estimates for 2013 were released by the U.S. Census on June 26, 2014.

Also, on the DC numbers, the BATFE reference firearms collection is up there somewhere. If it's in DC then it would inflate the numbers.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Is it strange that I'm curious what kind of NFA goodies the LSP has? IIRC, there's an original Thompson at HQ. I wonder if that one got factored in as well "

When I was about 12 my uncle who was with the LSP "checked out" from LSP armory an M1A1 Thompson that we shot at a dump somewhere in WBR parish. Made lovely big holes in old refrigerators and such. Been in love with them ever since. Of course this was about 38 years ago.

Top Bottom