Be Careful Selling Your Firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone i buy/sell with aside from people on sites i know with good standing, i have meet at my office for this exact reason.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    On this website, we can review feedback if availible. But if one is skeptical or cautious, schedule the transaction, at a law enforcement parking lot. A spot with uniform traffic & cameras. Most robbers will not be willing to meet, at a police parking lot.

Same for any transaction. Facebook / craigslist / etc

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Two days ago a 70 year old guy met at a Winn Dixie parking lot near here to sell his outboard motor. Got punched, knocked down, and had his tires slit. They stole his outboard and made off with it.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I'd be interested in knowing more details on both the Alexandria and boat incidents as to what happened leading up to the theft.

I never go alone to a sale I do a couple other things as well to insure I'm selling to somsomeone with no ill intent. I'd like to think I'm a good judge character but that's not always 100 %

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    That's why I use www.bayoushooter.com. We've got a rating system here that will let you know if a guy is good to go or not. Plus, I'd say over 99% of the folks I've met here are professionals in real life, whether a veteran, police officer, lawyer, pharmacist, doctor, VIP security, etc. I don't use any other sites locally. But, common sense usually rules overall. If your 6th sense tells you it's not good, it's probably not good.

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    I definitely try to meet in a very public place. Like stated above, everyone I have ever done sales/trades with in this site has been very professional. I posted a 40c I was selling on Louisiana Sportsman and got a text from a guy in Houma about it and demanded to meet asap. I had my family with me and refused. I politely declined his offer. I definitely did not want to sell a firearm to someone who was this hostile just through text messages. (Happened just yesterday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jofan
    Top Bottom