Today's generation is stupid... There, I said it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Lately, not a day goes by where I don't see something that makes me shake my head.

Apparently, there is a petition going around BookFace that is asking the Mayor of Slidell, to turn the Northshore Mall into a "teen hangout."

This petition is for the changing of Northshore Mall in Slidell, Louisiana into a teenager's hangout! With so many stores leaving the mall and transferring to a nearby mall, it appears that the Northshore Mall could lose a lot of business. And with that in place, many of us wish to make the mall into a hangout for teenagers. Things such as arcade games, laser tag, DJ booths, and many other things can be put in place. What's the benefit in all of this? The biggest benefit would be keeping kids preoccupied in spare time and off the streets committing crimes such as doing/ selling drugs, robbery, and sometimes committing murder. The biggest disadvantage is that kids will have less things to do to keep themselves preoccupied. And with that, teen crime rates will stay up and can ruin many lives. Teens need an outlet. What better way than to go have some fun in a place where teens can freely express themselves and have fun with other people their age?

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-turn...re_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

Yes, because Arcade Games and DJ Booths are the answer to crime...

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I used to hang at the game rooms. Having them didn't keep me out of trouble. If anything, I was up to more no good from being able to hang out there. I say let the Mall do what the owners, and lease holders want. If these boneheads with this petition want these businesses, let them go lease the spaces and provide the services they are looking for. Otherwise, they can stick a sock in it.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    What's gonna stop a wayward teen from fighting, dealing drugs, robbing people or committing any criminal behavior from these proposed establishments?

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    What's gonna stop a wayward teen from fighting, dealing drugs, robbing people or committing any criminal behavior from these proposed establishments?

Nothing. Probably more possible due to parents just letting their kids hang out basically unsupervised.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Keep in mind that these folks have always existed, hippie communes didn't have Facebook, Twitter, people trying to fill blogs with amateur reporting or multiple 24hr news channels. Not to pick on hippies, but folks like this used to be rightfully ignored. Now media outlets pick the craziest petitions, and random activists to get them clicks. And in this case it worked, as now people on this site are looking at it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Keep in mind that these folks have always existed, hippie communes didn't have Facebook, Twitter, people trying to fill blogs with amateur reporting or multiple 24hr news channels. Not to pick on hippies, but folks like this used to be rightfully ignored. Now media outlets pick the craziest petitions, and random activists to get them clicks. And in this case it worked, as now people on this site are looking at it.

The reason they are stupid, is they think a petition to the Mayor of Slidell is going to force the North Shore Mall property owner into making a teen hangout.

The Mayor has no control of what a private business does and no private business wants to have unsupervised hooligans partying on their property.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The reason they are stupid, is they think a petition to the Mayor of Slidell is going to force the North Shore Mall property owner into making a teen hangout.

The Mayor has no control of what a private business does and no private business wants to have unsupervised hooligans partying on their property.

Agreed there are so many holes in the logic behind this nonsense. We really are creating a society of idiots.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Can we dig a bit deeper and discuss the problem?

Not the idea, but the belief that the Mayor/Government can simply sign a piece of paper and make this happen...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    With money he can entice the building owner to allow this. He can provide free police protection on site. Property tax relief maybe? Get out of jail free cards to the owner?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Holy. F'ing. ****. There are actually 634 numb-nuts out there that have signed that thing. I had to stop reading comments after five or so. It makes my teeth itch reading some of that crap. What a bunch of imbeciles!

Unfortunately for them, the property owners already have plans to raze most of the structure with the exception of two anchor stores, and re-build in the "open-air" style with the claim that they are in the works to bring "new/different" retailers to the market.

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    What, they don't want it that bad enough to hold some fundraisers and set it up themselves with their own money? Also, isn't there a ton of parish recreation/athletic parks, state parks, multi-use paths, state and national wildlife refuges etc...in the area for them to do athletic, outdoors things in?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    What, they don't want it that bad enough to hold some fundraisers and set it up themselves with their own money? Also, isn't there a ton of parish recreation/athletic parks, state parks, multi-use paths, state and national wildlife refuges etc...in the area for them to do athletic, outdoors things in?[/QUOTE

What out in the heat or cold? Where they could skin a knee or dirty their new shoes? :mamoru:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom