Samix Sage 30 lb Recurve

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubFemme

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Picayune, MS
    Been shopping for a recurve bow and the store I visited today almost exclusively sells
    Samix Sages. Are they a quality recurve? Good for target shooting? I'm a 5'4 woman
    and a complete novice. Opinions please and thank you!

buckedup

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Tylertown Ms.
    They should do you just fine. You may want to start with less than 30 pounds. My 55 pound is a beast but 40 pound limbs are comfortable and I am shooting 72 with my compound

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I have one. I picked it up to try some hunting with a recurve. I found out I am not that good of a hunter but still like the challenge. :) :o I like it; it is well constructed and it is accurate enough with practice. If the shop does not offer a test range to try it, PM me if you want to try it if you are local to me.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That sounds like a good weight for you and the price should be right for a starter. Be sure you buy a bow stringer and you learn how to store a recurve. The Samix is okay, but it's an inexpensive bow and the limbs are not that tough. They will be fine for what you are doing if you take care of them. If you treat it like my kids, then the limbs can warp. Of course that can be true of any traditional bow.

Suggestions for you. If you want info go to the "trad gang" or "stick bow" websites. 3 Rivers Archery is about the best for supplies. Traditional archery is a blast!

SubFemme

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Picayune, MS
    Thank you everyone for the replies! I'll definitely visit the web sites you suggested, Slalom, and Bill, Louisiana Outdoors does offer an indoor range. I may take you up on your offer to shoot if I end up buying a bow online.

Top Bottom