Planck length and locality

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    According to quantum physics the shortest possible length is the planck length which is 10 to the minus 33 centimeters. If any particle or wave is shorter than this length it ceases to have locality and is present everywhere in the universe at once. I have a hard time getting my head my head around this concept. Can someone explain this in a way that helps understand the concept or does anyone know of articles that I can read to help me imagine how it works?

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    You have to keep in mind that the Planck is not a real world model, it is purely a mathematical model. All it really says is that for things to be things, they must have a measure, and measures can only be positive numbers and cannot reach zero. If a measurement reaches zero, then it ceases to exist. In math, any time something that tries to reach zero, but is prohibited from reaching zero, reaches the point where zero should be, it is described as reaching infinity instead. I hope this helps, I can't describe it as well as an expert could and I may be wrong.

Top Bottom