fat training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have been consistently seeing pictures and videos of companies both displaying product and trying to showcase their training methods but use such overweight people. To me it looks shameful of a company to show a dude in full multicam all geared up weighing 300+ running drills (and i use the term running loosely) to display their product. To me it just seems counter productive. But maybe i'm missing something.

Also, i am curious as to why such overweight individuals choose to spend so much money playing soldier instead of trying to get themselves more healthy. Again, seems counter productive.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Maybe they get winded too quickly playing sports, so shooting prone or stationary is easier for them? I know what drew me to shooting was a physical disability, which prevented me from playing sports. So the only hobby I liked which didn't hinder my issues much is shooting

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not talking about just standard shooting. Im talking about these classes that are full on run and gun type of stuff. Dumping tons of money into learning to protect yourself with tactics and whatnot, but being so unhealthy and overweight that you will probably have a heart attack in your 30's- 40's way before anything else had the chance to take you out.

Why focus so much on one aspect of "staying alive" with guns and other crap when they dont even care about their own health.

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    How about the big people are just doing whats fun for them and youre not paying so look the other way if it upsets you

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I actually think it's a valid question.

How do you rationalize not taking your health and fitness seriously while focusing on survival and tactical training? If it didnt go hand in hand SOF units would not have the high physical fitness and health standards they have.

If it's purely recreational then fine, but we all know the guy who try's to talk "operator" while chowing down on a Cainiac and a gallon of sweet tea every day. You know, the guy who's idea of a workout is carrying his gear to and from the truck for range sessions.

Unfortunately, our career field has more than its fair share of them also.

Not saying you have to be SEAL/SF/MSOB fit, but, come on. Would you want a book review from someone that had the reading/comprehension of a 2nd grader?

Last edited:

Rebeldave

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Springfield la
    Not taking it personnel hopefully one of the big people say damn i need to lose a little weight to do this right. Just wish a few LEOS would do the same lololo

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    I'd have to imagine that an overweight shooter would be quite stable shooting out of the prone. I wonder if the government's looked into this. Always a need for a good sharp shooter. But I'm with Rebeldave on this, do what you love as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Not taking it personnel hopefully one of the big people say damn i need to lose a little weight to do this right. Just wish a few LEOS would do the same lololo

****, I cant argue with you there. I was in that boat. Didn't get crazy fat but had watched a few fellow LEOs pack on the pounds and decided I didn't want to be that guy, so I got my ass on a plan and Im stickin to it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The irony is killing me... you know... because we actually have a ton of members like you're talking about.

I have been given lectures about high speed low drag tactical BS, in person, by more than a few overweight people... and I had to contain my laughter.

I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of the fact that these people are overweight, but I would never listen to a 350+ lb guy tell me how to do anything physical.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Its not just civilians, LEO's too. They put on a class for us to teach us use of battlefield first aid, like tourniquets, compression dressing, carrying wounded, etc. I was looking around in the class, I made the comment that I think the more realistic casualty is going to be a heart attack or stroke, and that they should be teaching us use of an automatic defibrillator instead. SOme of these guys are severely overweight and out of shape, young guys at that. Many were breathing way to hard for the work they were doing.
    Granted " I aint as good as I once was" but Im 40, crossfit and or run 5 days a week, and in good health.
    THen I got to thinking, I have had 5 friends/coworkers to have heart attacks while on duty, two of which died. That number equals and or is greater than the number of co workers killed in the line of duty or even shot.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    34662254.jpg
    You don't know!! My blubber layer is to absorb shrapnel before it strikes something vital. All the operating operators know you need an insulating layer.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If a fatty is fat enough, the blubber could actually act like a protective barrier of ballistic gel around their vitals if they get confronted by another angry gun toting fatty at the Golden Corral!

Cutting the line at the GC buffet (or taking the last roll), is a major potential conflict escalator for these health nuts!

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I might be misunderstanding but it seems to be a good way for fat people to be active and have fun at the same time. I could dig it. I hate cardio but love smashing weights.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I might be misunderstanding but it seems to be a good way for fat people to be active and have fun at the same time. I could dig it. I hate cardio but love smashing weights.

Hey! I'm just in for the comedy! If I don't get off my own ass and do something sooner than later, my bullet proof ballistics gelly belly is going to stop even the best personal defense round!

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Hey! I'm just in for the comedy! If I don't get off my own ass and do something sooner than later, my bullet proof ballistics gelly belly is going to stop even the best personal defense round!

Your safe from me.
    "Doesn't shoot fat people because carry piece is .32 auto crew."

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

And I would agree with you if they were doing it several times a week. Once every couple three months is not doing any good. That's like saying you are going to quit smoking by once a week you skip your after lunch smoke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom