Causeway Menace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just an FYI for some people (this may not pertain here) the left lane is for PASSING. If you are being tailgated or let alone have someone behind you then you are obstructing traffic. Understand how our roadways were modeled, pass and get the hell over. No, I don't care if you're going 100 in a 70, again, pass and get over. If someone is approaching in the the passing lane then they are obviously going faster than you are...do not obstruct them.
    Why are some of the simplest concepts often the most difficult for people to grasp?

Amen. I don't think that pertains to OP in this thread, but it's always a good reminder. :)

Even if you're going 85 or 90 and checking the rear view from time to time, an emergency vehicle or otherwise going triple digits will show up on your tail before you notice.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Now hold on there Gm! If you dilly dally at the left turn light on Highland and Old Perkins; you could be construed as a semi-douche! :dunno: Judgment call!

Don't even talk about the one coming out of the Home Depot next to the Church's Chicken and Gas! The traffic boob that timed that one, must have done that for laughs. You can't blink or you'll miss that one.

Now; that being said, if I detect that I will miss the light because some garbage can is texting at the light and doesn't notice it went green; I WILL lose my **** on that horn! :D

Oh and what about the jerks who will jump a light on the really wide intersections and turn in front of opposing traffic backing everyone else up comeing from the other direction. I fight this battle a lot and its usually a box truck or larger who does it. At those lights I dang near floor it on green.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    If this happens to you a lot, perhaps your reflexes are rather slow? ;)

In El Paso the mexicans used to do this a lot. Honk when it was still red even.

It does rarely happen here, but often when I lived in Texas. There seems to be more of a delay there from one direction turning red and the other turning green, and I think people are watching this so they are already rolling into the intersection when it turns green. Not me, I've seen to many people come barreling through your green because they were trying to beat their red.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just gonna throw this out there, since we've previously discussed this, in this thread...

PSA to the JP deputy who was on the Causeway Approach yesterday evening - Just because you are in your squad car (in the wrong parish), doesn't give you the right to pull out in front of traffic and cause a potential four car accident, because you are in a rush. Locking up our brakes at 45mph isn't fun. We all have to get to work on time, leave your house a little earlier next time...

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Just gonna throw this out there, since we've previously discussed this, in this thread...

PSA to the JP deputy who was on the Causeway Approach yesterday evening - Just because you are in your squad car (in the wrong parish), doesn't give you the right to pull out in front of traffic and cause a potential four car accident, because you are in a rush. Locking up our brakes at 45mph isn't fun. We all have to get to work on time, leave your house a little earlier next time...

co-sign

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    I won't even mention the JPSO deputy that I have noticed twice on the causeway (northbound) running his lights to clear out the left lane for himself, just to turn them off a mile or so before exiting the bridge.
    Same squad car, same approximate time in the evening. I won't post the number.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Good stuff in here. My pet peeve is not using blinkers and/or ignoring other's use of blinkers. Putting on blinkers helps others make informed decisions on how to go about their business on the road.
    I know almost nobody does this but I don't try to block people from moving over when they use blinkers to change lanes. I gladly let them in. Now trying to invade my lane without blinkers and I do everything in my power to keep you out.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I won't even mention the JPSO deputy that I have noticed twice on the causeway (northbound) running his lights to clear out the left lane for himself, just to turn them off a mile or so before exiting the bridge.
    Same squad car, same approximate time in the evening. I won't post the number.

POst it? Why should he/she be allowed to do this?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good stuff in here. My pet peeve is not using blinkers and/or ignoring other's use of blinkers. Putting on blinkers helps others make informed decisions on how to go about their business on the road.
    I know almost nobody does this but I don't try to block people from moving over when they use blinkers to change lanes. I gladly let them in. Now trying to invade my lane without blinkers and I do everything in my power to keep you out.

Ha! We are a long way from the old PSA's that pushed this slogan: Drive Defensively! :mamoru:

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    When I was doing the NOLA to Slidell run, I hated when the peeps in NO East would drive slow in the left lane and then cross all lanes to exit at the last moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom