Next time you complain about some laws...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    That is correct. I tried simplifying it, but we have too many internet lawyers on here.

So when I said this:
    Are you sure about that I know at one point in my lifetime the states had some rights, and I think that was one of them. Maybe not anymore. The feds use funding to bend a state to their will.

I was right?

Oops go figure "internet lawyered"

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Indeed.

IIRC, the purchase falls under state law, which is 18 years old to purchase & 17 years old to possess.

Wonder how they came up with 17 to possess. Legal age of consent? The whim of the legislature on that particular day?

And then there's that whole under 17, but with written permission of a parent thing, which is so ambiguous... I wonder what the lower age limit might be.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Wonder how they came up with 17 to possess. Legal age of consent? The whim of the legislature on that particular day?

And then there's that whole under 17, but with written permission of a parent thing, which is so ambiguous... I wonder what the lower age limit might be.

I can see a 16 year old kid coming out of the woods with a handful of squirrels and a 10/22, with no one batting an eye. However, he's breaking the law... or did his Dad give him a permission slip? Makes my head hurt.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Did u know that the rules that you are discussing have only to deal with FFL transfers. There is no age limit restrictions on the sell of long guns between private persons whatsoever. Check it out.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I can see a 16 year old kid coming out of the woods with a handful of squirrels and a 10/22, with no one batting an eye. However, he's breaking the law... or did his Dad give him a permission slip? Makes my head hurt.

Agreed. One law says you are old enough to hunt with out supervision. Pay up and buy a licenses another says you cant carry that gun by yourself till next year.

Either the people who make these disjointed laws are too stupid to think things through or its all by design to make everyone a criminal at one point or another.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Did u know that the rules that you are discussing have only to deal with FFL transfers. There is no age limit restrictions on the sell of long guns between private persons whatsoever. Check it out.

The word is SALE

There is no minimum age to possess a long gun in Louisiana. I see where a bunch of individuals think different.

Reread the posts between JadeRaven and I, we did not mention long guns, only pistols.

RS 14:95.8
    A. It is unlawful for any person who has not attained the age of seventeen years knowingly to possess any handgun on his person. Any person possessing any handgun in violation of this Section commits the offense of illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The word is SALE

Reread the posts between JadeRaven and I, we did not mention long guns, only pistols.

A. It is unlawful for any person who has not attained the age of seventeen years knowingly to possess any handgun on his person. Any person possessing any handgun in violation of this Section commits the offense of illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile.

Nice that ever fluid line between adult-hood and child-hood strikes again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think the legal drinking age is determined by the states, but in 1984 the Feds passed a law that penalized the states that allowed anyone under 21 to purchase or publicly posses alcohol by removing federal funds for highways. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Feds basically used federal funds to strong arm state laws to their standards.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohol-policy

You are very correct! That is why republicans (in theory), try to avoid being shackled to the feds. Exactly why democrats jump right in; their existence as a democrat (in the party sense), is solely tied into the all mighty and powerful federal government! The state under their majority rule usually follows suit as well. Hence unlivable places for freedom lovers to reside like the shitholes of New York and California.

You can't keep promising and doling out "Free ****" without having the best "Free ****" dispensary in the world!

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

I could of sworn someone mentioned a 16 yr old with a 10/22 and some squirrels as breaking the law.

I must have just imagined it. :D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I could of sworn someone mentioned a 16 yr old with a 10/22 and some squirrels as breaking the law.

I must have just imagined it. :D

I'm not even going to argue here.

And just for the sake of annoying you... 10/22's are made in pistol form.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member