Next time you complain about some laws...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just remember it could be worse... :eek3:

Knife%2520Stupid.jpg

You can't buy a plastic knife until you are 18 in Australia.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't protest unjust laws. Our politicians (read: rulers) will eventually institute this Aussie law here in time. Need to fight them tooth and nail. Hopefully sanity will be reinstated in our country and its politics. Otherwise, without Divine intervention there will be only one recourse left.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Well they did send those people to the other side of the world for a reason. ;) Just cuz there's idiots out there...

If you get takeout in australia, do they give you plastic utensils?

Hmmm.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well they did send those people to the other side of the world for a reason. ;) Just cuz there's idiots out there...

If you get takeout in australia, do they give you plastic utensils?

Hmmm.

Are sporks legal?

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I don't have a problem with laws that benefit society, murder, child abuse etc.
    It's the oppressive laws that strike a nerve.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Although this is a very worn out comparison, it truly stands the test of ANY time:

If I a person is old enough to carry a fully automatic weapon and kill another person in the name of defending their country at the behest of someone telling them it's the right thing to do; vice laws that constrain them here by age are just ridiculous!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Although this is a very worn out comparison, it truly stands the test of ANY time:

If I a person is old enough to carry a fully automatic weapon and kill another person in the name of defending their country at the behest of someone telling them it's the right thing to do; vice laws that constrain them here by age are just ridiculous!

Agreed I tell you this is one of those issues that I believe makes the 15-25 year old crowd so useless. They get treated as adults on one had and children on the other.

Example: an 18 year old goes to a party, has one beer, some one trips and spills a beer all over him, he get pissed off and then drives home. Heres where the story turns tragic.
    First Scenario: He gets pulled over and smells like beer. He blows well below the legal limit but because he's a child (under 21) there is no tollerance. Now he has a DUI on his record which can cause truble for him the rest of his life.
    Second Scenario: some drunk vagrant walks out in front of him on the interstate and gets killed. Now this kid because he's still under 21 and there is still a no tollerance policy will gets charged with a DUI and most likely manslauter.

In both scenarios he gets treated like an adult without the privilages of being one. Thats wrong. I've known a few folks who experienced simular experiences to both episodes and its wrong. If you want young people to act like children treat them like children consistantly. If you want them to act like adults treat them like adults consistantly.

Oh... And young folks dont drink and drive.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Are you sure about that I know at one point in my lifetime the states had some rights, and I think that was one of them. Maybe not anymore. The feds use funding to bend a state to their will.

Yes, the minimum drinking age is 21 years of age and is federal law.
    The minimum age to buy a firearm varies depending on the type of firearm (18 for rifle or shotgun & 21 for pistol).

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Yes, the minimum drinking age is 21 years of age and is federal law.

I think the legal drinking age is determined by the states, but in 1984 the Feds passed a law that penalized the states that allowed anyone under 21 to purchase or publicly posses alcohol by removing federal funds for highways. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Feds basically used federal funds to strong arm state laws to their standards.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohol-policy

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think the legal drinking age is determined by the states, but in 1984 the Feds passed a law that penalized the states that allowed anyone under 21 to purchase or publicly posses alcohol by removing federal funds for highways. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Feds basically used federal funds to strong arm state laws to their standards.

http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohol-policy

That is correct. I tried simplifying it, but we have too many internet lawyers on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom