Air rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    Just recently purchased a new Benjamin air rifle to plink around the house with. Almost forgot how fun the little buggers can be! Does any one here dabble in air rifle plinking?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't have one, but am wondering the legalities of shooting on say in the back yard. Where I live we do not have privacy fences, so could you get in trouble if a neighbor was scared of my activities? Is it legal to shoot squirrels in your back yard?

I live in Orleans Parish btw, if that makes a difference.

J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    I would definitely do some checking on local laws if I were you. However we used to shoot air rifles indoors into a pellet trap at my high school back in 2007.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I don't have one, but am wondering the legalities of shooting on say in the back yard. Where I live we do not have privacy fences, so could you get in trouble if a neighbor was scared of my activities? Is it legal to shoot squirrels in your back yard?

I live in Orleans Parish btw, if that makes a difference.

I would hazard a guess that no one would care unless you had some hippy for a neighbor who loves the tree rats. I live in a subdivision and if anyone knows that I'm shooting in my yard, then they don't care. I would avoid the nicer pellet rifles in your case because you will likely be shooting in the air and you dont want to harm any people or property. And I wouldn't suggest pumping it a whole lot either.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't know for sure, but I think shooting birds and squirrels within city limits is against the law. Although, not enforced (at least where I live in Orlreans Parish) I don't think you'll have the cops at your door unless somebody complains. I'm not 100% on this. I do shoot the occasional rat or possum in my backyard because they're usually up to no good and head straight for my attic. There is usually a Gamo stationed in the laundry room by the door that leads into the backyard. My house is raised about 5 feet so I get a pretty good overview of the whole yard. That'd were I pick em off!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I bought a few pumkins that I didn't carve at Holloween. Ive used osb sheets even 1/4 usually retains the bb's. And once this stray cat that kept climbing on my brand new camaro.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Nail cloth spins to a 2x4 to hold clays. I use old shell casings also. You can cut out some shapes using Coke cans or thin sheet metal. You can also bend a tab of the sheet metal/can around a piece of threaded rod to have them swing when you hit it. I also like the reactive targets with games on them like battle ship, kids like that one.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Now that I think of it, I'd hate to end up like that restaurant owner in lakeview that shot the opossum behind his place and ended up going to jail.

J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    Nail cloth spins to a 2x4 to hold clays. I use old shell casings also. You can cut out some shapes using Coke cans or thin sheet metal. You can also bend a tab of the sheet metal/can around a piece of threaded rod to have them swing when you hit it. I also like the reactive targets with games on them like battle ship, kids like that one.
    Battle ship target games ? How do you make that?

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I use a benjamin np2. Takes a minute to reload but the .22 pellet kills any critter that ventures into my yard.

J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    d26c423f1c56f472bac4fa2e12e5c33d.jpg
    What I purchased that encouraged me to start this thread. What kind of grouping are you getting with your benjamin?

The only pellets I have tried are Crossman hollow points (only pellets i had at the house )putting 3 inch groups at about 30 feet. I'm sure this gun can shoot tighter than this.are there any pellets you have found to shoot better?

J.wag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    poplarville mississippi
    Wow that's pretty good for a air rifle. My issue might be I have not put enough pellets down the pipe to break it in yetlol.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Now that I think of it, I'd hate to end up like that restaurant owner in lakeview that shot the opossum behind his place and ended up going to jail.

Hippies... The old I get the more I realize the just need a good kick in the babymakers do it hard enough and we solve to problems. :naughty:

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Top Bottom