Answering pm protocol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have sold a few items and have corresponded with each person that pm'd me. Sometimes when I inquire about an item the recipient does not answer.
    Is it proper to not respond to pm's that are legit, or should a person respond if for no other reason than saying "sorry bruv, already sold"?

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    You and me both brah. It's kind of like nodding at someone and having them not even acknowledge your existence. I already have enough girls ignoring me, don't let my bayoubrothers ignore me too. That's too much!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Common courtesy has left the building! We (collectively), are becoming a very selfish society! :(

However, NEVER let the discourteousness of others dissuade you from your bearings. There are still some of us out there that will carry the torch to our graves! ;)

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I've had a PM offering a sale of an item that I was asking info about in a thread, responded that that sounded interesting, let's talk price, them never heard a reply. I found that very odd, they contacted me.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    So you guys mean to tell me there are people running around on the internet being rude to one another? I dont believe it.

My rule of thumb is always be polite till they give you areason not to be. I do that online, in person, on the phone, everywhere.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So you guys mean to tell me there are people running around on the internet being rude to one another? I dont believe it.

My rule of thumb is always be polite till they give you areason not to be. I do that online, in person, on the phone, everywhere.

Tell that story walking; to Sandman and Motor51, buddy! :p

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I'll admit that there have been a couple of contacts from armslist I didn't respond to, but the reason was that they were offering something like a trade of comic books for a gun I clearly designated as wts.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'll admit that there have been a couple of contacts from armslist I didn't respond to, but the reason was that they were offering something like a trade of comic books for a gun I clearly designated as wts.

See I think thats ok. Thats like refusing to answer scamers on craigslist, who email you "I this item still for sale".

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    I've had that happen several times where a person here is interested, work out a price and never hear from them again..both seller and buyer positions. If you work out a deal and you get another offer for a higher price, at least be man enough to let the other party know that you have crawfished out on a deal.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I've had that happen several times where a person here is interested, work out a price and never hear from them again..both seller and buyer positions. If you work out a deal and you get another offer for a higher price, at least be man enough to let the other party know that you have crawfished out on a deal.

That's pretty sucky. Once a deal is made, a person should honor it even to their own hurt. On both sides of the transaction.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Yep!

It's almost as if the inconsiderate person thinks he will be thought of as less a douche by just running away!

Last edited:

pixfella58

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Houma, LA
    I've PM'd a couple of Site Sponsors asking if they could do some work for me and never got a reply. I would at least expect a response that they couldn't do that specific job but tell me maybe check with so and so.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Lulz just had another experience. Texted a guy about a gun for sell and he never responded, yes or no. Makes me feel like I asked a girl out and tells me "maybe." If no, have the guts to tell me.
    Of course I could have the wrong number and I'm hassling somebody's grandmother about a pistol. Please don't send your grandson to beat me up Mammaw!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom