Thieves at Siegen Lane Academy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    I hate a thief!

Myself and at least two other individuals became victims, today. They busted out the locks on our pick-ups costing all of us way more money and hassle than what was stolen. I may have had $10 tops in a small Pelican case on my back seat. Another victim said he had $5 in his console stolen. Fortunately, there was an Academy employee eating lunch in her car and saw the thief's vehicle pull in, park next to a truck for a few minutes, then pull out and parked next to another truck. Owner of the first truck comes out and sees his lock busted. Employee was asked if she saw anything. She pointed out the black Kia parked next to another truck. Victim walks over to confront the car, catches the thief in the act of trying to bust out the lock. Thief high tails it out. Victim gets license plate and good description of the perp.

From there, enter EBRSO. Everything confirmed on Academy surveillance. Statements given and prints collected. Responding officer stated that this was all great information and was hopeful that they would be able to close a lot of open cases that have been happening on the area for nearly a year! I received a call from a detective tonight to let me know....perp was arrested.

I would like to give a big shout out of thanks to the first victim for confronting the thief, the Academy employee for noticing the car and finally, the EBRSO for their quick and courteous response to our situations.....and of course, for nabbing the low-life that busted out our locks!

Now, hopefully, the DA and the Judge will do their part to make sure this guy isn't back out doing this stuff again anytime soon!
    827cfb34204c9c893558ad9a7acaf95c.jpg

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Those locks are very easy to knock out and unlock the door. Always get an aftermarket GM alarm system- the original alarm disarms via the door lock cylinder. I don't know if they're still available for older model trucks, but GM Genuine Aftermarket had a direct-connect interface for the existing body control module that added collision/intrusion detection (short delay between door mechanical unlock and alarm sounding) and additional alarm outputs.

Last edited:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Glad they caught him. This was exactly the way my son's truck was stolen. Busted out the door lock and the ignition. Drove it away with a screwdriver.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I know it would be stretching things way out and even if could would be very expensive. I would like a hologram alarm system. One you could arm and from outside the vehicle from all angles it would look like a man sitting there with a shotgun pointed towards you.:p

Top Bottom