APPLE can suck it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Could it be possible that the F.B.I. really can't unlock the phone, but felt the court case was not leaning in there favor and this was a way to hurt apple?

Yep! I don't put anything passed this dumbasses' DOJ. He has proven over and over that nothing in the Constitution is sacred. And the minions follow the fool like rats behind the pied piper.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Could it be possible that the F.B.I. really can't unlock the phone, but felt the court case was not leaning in there favor and this was a way to hurt apple? Seems out there, but it would certainly hurt apple if this were true.

Was wondering the same....

Or maybe saving face by saying, "Oh never mind, we can do it ourselves!"

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    It is my impression from news reports that the killers destroyed or disposed of their personal phones and computers. These two seemed pretty savvy, probably isn't anything in the phone. Seems if there was any information to be had on the work phone they would have disposed of it also. Either it was a ploy by the FBI to get Apple to let them get into everything and then doing the 3rd party story to get back at Apple by inducing some paranoia in friends and foes alike.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is my impression from news reports that the killers destroyed or disposed of their personal phones and computers. These two seemed pretty savvy, probably isn't anything in the phone. Seems if there was any information to be had on the work phone they would have disposed of it also. Either it was a ploy by the FBI to get Apple to let them get into everything and then doing the 3rd party story to get back at Apple by inducing some paranoia in friends and foes alike.

That's a good point too!

So, if the FBI now doesn't need Apple to do it, then the story should be over and they drop their suit. And then if they can backdoor smart phones, then we come full circle back to the FISA court scam; and the NSA debacle; and just add this latest pissing on individual liberties and freedoms to the mix.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I think that what may have happened is that after several failed attempts by the fbi to crack the phone that actually being successful is iffy. In other words what apple is saying is not "no, we wont" but rather "our hands are tied."

Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Tom Bean, Texas/Hammond, LA
    A terrorist has no rights....

A dead terrorist has no rights...

How hard is this?

How can you feel good about denying the FBI?

How about the victims, their families and all who were involved?

I've always disliked Apple, especially ITunes.....

Apple is dead to me....

sent from my DEA work phone
    Crapple can suck my starmeat.

Sent from my ATF work phone

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom