APPLE can suck it.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slipknot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2016
    Tom Bean, Texas/Hammond, LA
    A terrorist has no rights....

A dead terrorist has no rights...

How hard is this?

How can you feel good about denying the FBI?

How about the victims, their families and all who were involved?

I've always disliked Apple, especially ITunes.....

Apple is dead to me....

sent from my DEA work phone

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't care for the federal government ordering private businesses to do its job. They aren't protecting a terrorist, they are protecting your right to privacy- something people seem all too anxious to give away these days.

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    You, Sir, are clueless. This isn't about a dead terrorist.

^this. You need to read a little more on the facts. The fbi isn't asking Apple to unlock the terrorist's phone. The fbi is demanding that Apple give them a "key" that will let them open any iPhone themselves. Such a "key" does not exist and if Apple made one to give the fbi what they want, it would compromise the security of everyone's phones

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I personally believe this all to be a marketing ploy on Apple's part. It's well documented that Apple has allowed access to devices when asked. And I think in China the local laws demand it.

With the new iPhone being released March 15 (the 7 in the body of a 5), I think it's all a way to protect the brand and the stock prices.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I'm sure some 15 year old in moms basement would love to help the FBI out. I think it's all smoke and mirrors. Apple has to put on a show to protect the name but the key will be if not already made and we will never know any better. Millions of tax dollars wasted in a false law procedure that is for show. Just my tin foil hat opinion.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The FBI can get a warrant anytime they want one. The blanket big brother approach is the problem and what they are asking for is complete control over a nation.

Last edited:

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I applaud you being in touch with your emotions so well to emote them so clearly here. You can also thank the politicians and fed. agencies that conspired to illegally collect bulk phone data for the high degree of suspicion the public feels with giving any .gov agency such a tool as one the FBI is hounding after Apple to make.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    It unbelievable how some believe everything the government says. This is all about data mining and machine learning. Being able to collect and analyzing personal data then creating personality predicting programs.
    I know some may be ok with this, but imagine your phones spell check errors occurring with an innocents life.

This is getting to something out of a Sci Fi horror film and some people are encouraging it

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In my industry, I dislike and most importantly; distrust all of my competitors and peers. I will only agree with any of them if it serves the greater good. In the US, the majority of those that work for a federal agency (and some local and state), are cheerleading the FBI. The majority of the public citizenry is siding with Apple.

People on one side, government on the other. Who saw this coming?

For those who so intently discount terrorists' Rights (and I agree), there is still that little Star Chamber called the FISA Court. They can and will issue "court orders" whenever they feel like it is a terror related threat. Their track record since the Patriot Act has been less than stellar.

If breaking this encryption is of such vital national security, then the US should have the capabilities themselves without forcing a private company to do it for them. And "forcing" is the operable word!

Want to change my mind? Have Congress actually declare war on terrorism or ISIS; and have that idiot in the White House actually prosecute it accordingly, and I will favor Apple do what is in the best interest of the country!

Apple says they don't have the know how, and don't know how to do it! Next issue!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    1984 is running a little late but it will get here shortly.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's cute that some think there is still privacy in this world

I started questioning that when I saw the first raw example of Google Maps satellite image and could see everything in my backyard in 2008. This was years after it was revealed that US Satellites could clearly see the face of a dime on a street from space. :hs:

I knew privacy was dead when James Clapper lied to Congress about the capabilities of the NSA in 2013. :wtc:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    12733966_10156552940280652_8898972896777947905_n.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So.....If they really can't crack Apple's security walls, why the bleep would they make it known to the entire terrorist world that they can't??? :eek3::doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So.....If they really can't crack Apple's security walls, why the bleep would they make it known to the entire terrorist world that they can't??? :eek3::doh:

I don't understand why what is actually contained in the phone is so important?!? As someone alluded earlier, they can harvest ALL phone calls, and texts; easily! What else can there be? What this scumbags' high score on Angry Birds was?

If he uses his note pad, then unless he actually physically shows it to someone standing next to him, it's of no use!?! EVERY TEXT! EVERY CALL! EVERY MESSAGE sent over the internet is attainable!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom