Lafayette LA show- any good?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsl_man

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Krotz Springs, LA
    I heard there is a Lafayette show coming up. Are those worth a 40 min drive each way (for me) plus the entrance fee? AND what shows are good in Louisiana? I don't mind driving a long ways for a real good one.
    Thanks

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Honestly, it was better when it was held at Blackham Coliseum. I haven't been in about 2yrs since they moved it to the event center (or whatever it's called), it's crowded and really not that great (besides the prices being inflated). Not sure how they are anymore, but the one in Gonzales and the one in Kenner tend to be better.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I haven't been in a year or so, it was ugly last time I went. Overinflated prices (on everything from rifles to mags/ammo), not a great selection, and the entrance fee got increased. I would advise not going based on what I have seen, but it is one of those things you may need to see for yourself. If you are expecting a gun show like 10 years ago, you will be seriously disappointed.

tsl_man

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Krotz Springs, LA
    Well I wanted to give a report after asking the question. The show was not very big but decent in my opinion, I found what I was looking for actually cheaper than if I ordered it online or at the local gun shop. Paid $12 to get in with my kids, bought 2 Glock 17 mags, and 5 of those "Hungarian surplus" AK mags. Had one lady selling soap, and maybe a few other things like that but not much. I admit the entry cost was $12 for me n kids so I'd had paid that in shipping if bought online. I wheeled n dealed to get the mags for what I got em for so yes u can still do that. And I still got em cheaper per unit than anywhere else I've seen online or local gun stores for both sets of mags Not the big super shows that i remebered to be at the centroplex back in the 80s but I was satisfied I got exactly what I was looking for. Vendors were willing to deal at least the 7 or 8 I really had conversation with.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I was going to go to unload a couple of Norinco AKM style rifles then changed my mind. For the first time in my life I gave a refund on a rifle that I sold, and I am trying to get out of the AK game. Although, I will probably keep my milled MAK-90 because I put a lot of work into it.

Top Bottom