Any ATV mechanics?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have a 2012 Honda Rancher EFI with very low milage.... It starts to cut out and backfire at higher speeds between 25-30mph or so... Other than that it idles and runs perfect. It has fresh clean fuel but has sat up for longer than I should have let it sit up with ethanol fuel in it... I brought it to work with me and was going to try to locate the fuel filter (which I believe is in the fuel pump housing) and check it out.. Do any of you guys have any ideas or pointers? Thanks in advance!

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Before you tear into anything give some seafoam a shot. Follow the recomended dose for cleaning and see how that does first. Stuff is pretty goo .

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    Very common for rodents to make homes in the air box causing problems or dirt divers build inside the exhaust. Both of which can cause you trouble. Remove existing fuel and replace with some fresh fuel and seafoam.
    Hope this helps.

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks guys, I have already ran seafoam through it and air box is clean as a whistle...I literally have under 100 miles on this thing.. I pulled the fuel pump off yesterday and pulled it apart to get to the filter which to me seemed a little dirty.. Hope to pick up a new filter today and see what happens.. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom