My M16 battlefield pickup replica

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Thanks! I just need to shoot it more often.... i wonder how it would do with a 22 drop in conversion kit with the 1 in 12" twist rate?

I have the M261 kit for my A1 and it will out shoot a lot of my factory .22s.

Al

This....but now with 40gr subs, a Fostech Echo trigger, and my Spectre 2 or Ocatane 45 on the end....looks like I will be buying a kit sooner or later.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I may be wrong but I believe the M16A1 did not have a 3 prong flash hider. Slick side M16s did have the 3 prong flash hider.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/usa/m16-m16a1-m16a2-m16a3-e.html

Early M16 models (like the early SP1 models -- SP1's had the three prong until '81 I believe) had the three-prong flash hider until it was classified as the M16A1 (which received the birdcage around 1967 a few months before the classification to A1). It was replaced (phased out) later in the vietnam war following complaints about it getting hung-up on "everything" and the prongs being bent fairly easy with the "bird-cage" style.

Forward assists were on M16s as early as 1964.

I researched a lot of this for my SP1 (THREE digit serial number -- in the 100's)... piecing it back together was insane... the Edgewater buffer alone cost me $300.

Top Bottom