Beretta 21A .25 ACP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    New baby has a bad firing pin. Parts are on the way...
    21a2_zpsg8gqezgh.jpg

Looking at another Beretta oldie, a Model 70S .380. But I really want another small .32

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    Nice looking little pistol. I collect pocket pistols.My 21A is the inox version in .22 lr. The 950 in .22 short is a lot of fun to shoot. I recently acquired a model 20 for my wife, she is a petite sized woman and she liked the size of the model 20 and the double action. With the tip up barrel, loading is easy for people with limited hand strength. I think you will like the 21A enough you might want a .22 lr. for practice with a little less costly ammo.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    Neat-O. My wife has carried a Beretta Tomcat 3032 (.32ACP) for a long time now and likes it. She's since upgrade to a 9mm for regular carry, but does pack that little zipper still from time to time.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Nice looking little pistol. I collect pocket pistols.

I wanted the .25 because we have an antique .25 which was my wife's grandfather's gun, purchased in 1925. A French Unique vest pocket pistol...
    unique%20c25_zpstzrqarf4.jpg

Am also collect mouse guns and am attracted to the little Berettas. I'd like to find a little 950 .22 short or a Tomcat .32 at a good price.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    Neat old pistol, Bonephish. It reminds me of a Spanish Astra 200 in .25 ACP (6.35x16mmSR) I had a long time ago. It has long been since traded off, but it was an interesting example of those little vest pocket pistols of yesteryear.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Neat old pistol, Bonephish. It reminds me of a Spanish Astra 200 in .25 ACP (6.35x16mmSR) I had a long time ago. It has long been since traded off, but it was an interesting example of those little vest pocket pistols of yesteryear.

Yes, the Unique was originally made in Spain and the company moved to France in 1924 and produced the Model 10 until 1940. These "vest pocket" pistols all resemble the Baby Browning and the 1908 Colt.

Can't sell or trade it because it's my wife's momento and will stay in the family. While researching on the internet I found it interesting that Bob Hope owned the same little pistol, sold at auction for $600.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    On the topic of the .25 Autos, has anyone had experience with the Bauer stainless steel pistolas? I've seen them from time to time on various auction sites, but don't know much about them. Other than them being a modern, stainless steel derivative of the Baby Browning. They look like this:

V28gd1e.jpg

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    PHOTO_20160409_140901_zpsneoscyjv.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top row Beretta model 21A .22lr, model 20 .25acp, model 950 .22 short. Bottom row Bauer, Baby Browning and the ancestor of them Browning's original vest pocket pistol FN model 1905. I have had no problems with my Bauer. They are a Browning clone in stainless steel.I would not hesitate to recommend them, But my experience has been limited to only two examples. Dave

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    The TPH is my favorite pocket pistol in .22lr. What caliber is yours .22 or.25. Check Gun Broker for threaded barrels. Barrel replacement is suggested as a project for a gunsmith who is familiar with Walthers from what I have read on the Walther forum. A silencer might be fun but it would not help with concealment.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    The TPH is my favorite pocket pistol in .22lr. What caliber is yours .22 or.25. Check Gun Broker for threaded barrels. Barrel replacement is suggested as a project for a gunsmith who is familiar with Walthers from what I have read on the Walther forum. A silencer might be fun but it would not help with concealment.

Mine is a 22lr. Original magazines are so fricken expensive! I bought a triple k and it seems to work just fine. I have seen the threaded barrels but they would have to be pressed in.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    Tornado Technologies may be worth a try. I know they do threading and related work on a number of firearms, including the Walther TPH. Link here. Just passing it along in the event it helps. Cheers. :)

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    How much is a model 20 worth? And is it a solid investment. I found one but I haven't been able to find any information on them.

Used prices are off the map, $300-$450+, depends on condition. They are scarce because Beretta hasn't made any during their transition to Tennessee. Still shown on their website as current production so I assume they will be available soon. Look for used values to drop when new production begins.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    The model 20 was only made for 2-3 years. It was a double action version of the 950. It was only chambered in .25acp. The model 21a which is still listed on Beretta's web page replaced the model 20. The model 21 is slightly larger in order to accommodate the longer .22lr cartridge. Go back and look at my first post with the pictures and you will see the difference. I bought mine on Gun Broker for $250 plus shipping and transfer fee which came to about $300. That was the cheapest I had seen sell. I bid the minimum and no one else bid against me. I collect pocket pistols, but I bought this one for my wife

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    A quick search on google showed dates of manufacture as 1983 through 1985 and 1984 through 1986. Both cites said the model 20 was discontinued when production of the model 21a began. I didn't mention mine appeared to have little use, there is no wear on the magazine or the frame.My 1985 Gun Digest does not the model 20, other issues in that time frame are stored in my workshop and are not easy to get to. Three years of production seems to be correct.

Top Bottom