STSO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    m0kp8.jpg

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    So many fails: What does STSO mean? (I'm in central LA, enlighten me). More helpful that what/who? (than the Boy Scouts, than the State Police, than the FBI, than the local quilting club). Seems like an attempt to throw blame, so more explanation about what someone should have done (in your opinion) or what someone didn't do (again in your opinion). Or is this about recovering something other than a gun? Or is this about the other state? Possibly a little filling-in-the-blanks is in order?

Last edited:

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    sorry just ranting after getting off the phone. ST Tammany Sheriff Office (STSO) said I will have to drive over to Texas to recover my firearm.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    sorry just ranting after getting off the phone. ST Tammany Sheriff Office (STSO) said I will have to drive over to Texas to recover my firearm.

So this is what that OP should have looked like?

STSO

why is'nt the STSO more helpful in recovering a gun that was stolen and recovered in another state?

And if so, "dat splains it, Lucy!" ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wouldn't expect them to recover it,....?

Why not? If it is part of a burglary/robbery case, etc.; whether solved or not, don't they need the evidence? I think it is legitimate concern. Though we certainly didn't get all of the details in the OP! :mamoru:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Your gun, you need to sign the evidence receipt. But not enough info. If it was stolen years ago and STPSO doesn't have any suspects, they probably don't want it. If it was used in a crime in Texas, they might need it for evidence. Either way. looks like you will be making a trip to Texas. They can't just drop in in the mail.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I don't understand why STPSO would be responsible for bringing it back? I figure it is now in possession of some agency in Texas, have you talked to them about sending them money to ship it to an FFL here? If anyone was responsible for paying for all this besides yourself, I would think it should be your home/auto insurance agency if it was stolen from one of these two places. You should be happy someone recovered it and it's not putting holes in police officers or other mischief.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have had a department send a gunback for a transfer at GGW from out of state before for a lady whos lcp was recovered. I had no further details than that though.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    it was stolen here in St Tammany and recovered in Huston paid the 10.00 for the report call Huston don't remember who said what but was told i had to go to texas to pick it up. get to Huston and they tell me it is still pending, so i don't get the gun back this time. i still don't understand why it is so hard to get info from people.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    it was stolen here in St Tammany and recovered in Huston paid the 10.00 for the report call Huston don't remember who said what but was told i had to go to texas to pick it up. get to Huston and they tell me it is still pending, so i don't get the gun back this time. i still don't understand why it is so hard to get info from people.

I'll chalk it up as you were very frustrated when typing the OP, because rereading it, it still doesn't make any sense. :chuckles:

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    yea my typing is not that good spelling ether I have some nerve problems in my hands that makes typing hard and not being able to spell well does not help the matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom