CLEAN Pre Workouts

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I am trying to make my way through the convoluted mess of mass marketing and social media saturation to find a good clean Pre Workout. I have used plenty in my time and want something that is not oozing caffeine (I have developed a sensitivity) and does NOT have aspartame or sucralose.

Anybody a guru and actually no the products putting into your body... let me know what I need.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Megatron by SAN is good. No caffeine but I'm sure it has aspartame or sucralose. It's going to be hard to find any product without either of those two.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I am trying to make my way through the convoluted mess of mass marketing and social media saturation to find a good clean Pre Workout. I have used plenty in my time and want something that is not oozing caffeine (I have developed a sensitivity) and does NOT have aspartame or sucralose.

Anybody a guru and actually no the products putting into your body... let me know what I need.

I've gotten away from the pre-mixed stuff

What I find works for me is 20 mins before i begin my workout- 15g Bcaa + 15g Glutamine*+ 1 serving L-carnitine (liquid) + an apple. You could add creatine too or take post workout depending on which article you read/believe.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    ^^^^^
    That's about the only way you'll be able to stay away from artificial sweeteners.
    Straight leucine might be better than bcaa's and glutamine has pretty much been proven useless for most weight lifting purposes. It does seem to help with stomach issues.
    I used to keep up with all that stuff but now I just train fasted.
    I think True Nutrition has some products you can premix when you find exactly what you want in it.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I have a bowl of oatmeal about 45 min before. Found it to be the best, most consistent energy I can get. Sure, it doesn't have that high energy feeling, that blood rush "argh!" effect, bit the lifting/long term energy is great. True energy not that sugar high drug feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperSolstice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Metairie Louisiana
    This may sound completely wacky but hear me out. Consider getting a handle on your mindset and focus. If you're a reader, read a book by Mike Cernovich called "Gorilla Mindset." You can get it for $12 online. With proper focus and mindset techniques I have learned to will myself into my workouts. Some tunes cranked up on the headphones, and I'm ready to rip.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Just don't buy into the hype with Old School pre-workout that is pimped out on social media and Amazon. It has a horrible bitter aftertaste and I am about to toss the remainder of my can in the garbage.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Take a look at Tier 1 or Tier 1+ by Citadel Nutrition. They're about the "cleanest" premixed pre-workouts that you can buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have been back in the gym for 3 months now. Water, an apple, and a peach work for me!

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I have been back in the gym for 3 months now. Water, an apple, and a peach work for me!

That is kind of what I am starting to think I should do. If I need carbs, I can eat oatmeal before the workout. If I need supplements, I can take BCAAs and Creatine before the workout. If I need energy, I can drink a cup of coffee or green tea before the workout.

Every prepackaged preworkout that I have tried thus far has a horrific bitter aftertaste, and I can't tell if it is from the Stevia, which I can't stand, or the actual powdered supplements.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I use GAT Nitraflex. I don't know if it has the stuff you don't want but it's legit and it takes pretty good, too. I mix with it in a heaping teaspoon of creatine as well.

My intra-workout is a shake mixture of whey protein and gatorade powder.

Dmvu

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    New Orleans, LA.
    Ive been taking cobra labs shadow x. True 1 serving scoop. I always get in the zone and have good workouts. Been taking for almost a year and haven't taken any breaks off of it. Still working good for me. Doesn't give me any stomach or headache issues like some other preworkouts do either.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom